The Student Room Group

Storm Frank: Freak weather to hit UK and could make North Pole 50F hotter than normal

"The powerful weather system that is set to bring “storm Frank” to the UK could lead temperatures in the north pole to be pushed over 50F hotter than normal.

The storm is set to bring yet more destruction to the UK after a week that has seen much of the north battered by terrible flooding. But that will come with a weather system that will cause huge disruption across the Arctic.

With those strange northern weather events will come an Icelandic storm that might be among the most vigorous ever, according to the Washington Post.

That storm will begin as the weather quickly becomes more intense as it travels from the western Atlantic, where it brought destruction to the area around Dallas in the US. As it moves the storm’s pressure will drop enough to make it a “bomb cyclone”, causing huge amount of disruption."

Read More:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/storm-frank-freak-weather-uk-north-pole-40-50-degrees-hotter-than-normal-a6789916.html

Scroll to see replies

We're naming normal wet weather now?
Original post by MatureStudent36
We're naming normal wet weather now?

NO, THIS IS THE END TIMES!

Damn it man those cowards in 1962-1963 had it damn easy compared to this, we're doomed, doomed.
Reply 3
Original post by joey11223
NO, THIS IS THE END TIMES!

Damn it man those cowards in 1962-1963 had it damn easy compared to this, we're doomed, doomed.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png
Reply 4
Why is a British newspaper using fahrenheit... am I MISSING SOMETHING HERE.
Reply 5
It's using Fahrenheit, can't be real:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Inexorably
Why is a British newspaper using fahrenheit... am I MISSING SOMETHING HERE.

There probably hoping that nobody will realise the rubbish they've printed if they use an uncommon measure.
Reply 7
Original post by MatureStudent36
There probably hoping that nobody will realise the rubbish they've printed if they use an uncommon measure.

Thank God it's not only me who thought the article was very...poorly...written...in...its...entirety :tongue:
Reply 8
Who on Earth uses Farenheit?
Original post by Shadez
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

I appreciate your smile of agreement, imagine them in 1962, running around in circles, calling each day a new storm name to add impact to their minuscule weather related problem. This is the 21st century, we're no pushovers, we don't become a laughing stock for other countries where this weather would be considered reasonably mild, no sir, we're warriors, and storm Frank, by god it's the storm of the century.......

....I'm gonna go and empty every supermarket shelf tomorrow, even for food I don't like....my store will be prepared for the biblical times ahead.
Reply 10
Original post by navarre

I think it's predominantly us Brits who don't:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I think it's predominantly us Brits who don't:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You couldn't be more wrong. Everyone uses celsius, bar the Americans, and I believe Belize.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by navarre
You couldn't be more wrong. Everyone uses celsius, bar the Americans, and I believe Belize.

Oh yeah sugar, I derped out and answered as if it was asking about kilometres and kilogrammes and ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
what's a 50F ?
Original post by navarre

The Americans and people that are still fans of the proper system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nephthys
what's a 50F ?

10C, or as a temperature change, about 27

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Jammy Duel
The Americans and people that are still fans of the proper system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So morons then?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
So morons then?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fahrenheit is best heit, Britain was at its peak under Fahrenheit and old money and has just fine downhill since, people are too retarded now to even be able to work in old money, shame on them and shame on the schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Jammy Duel
Fahrenheit is best heit, Britain was at its peak under Fahrenheit and old money and has just fine downhill since, people are too retarded now to even be able to work in old money, shame on them and shame on the schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nahh, quality of life has improved drastically since the change

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Nahh, quality of life has improved drastically since the change

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try telling the left wing that. They seem to struggle to understand it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending