AndyOC
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have sent off my uni application and received offers, my first choice offer is ABC and last year I got BCD (Maths, Biology and Physics). However, I'm considering dropping biology and instead doing 6 units of BTEC IT to make my life a little easier as I'm really struggling with biology this year. One thing I'm not sure of is, say I got a distinction in IT this year would that count as the A in my offer?

does anyone think this is a good/bad idea?
judogainz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AndyOC)
I have sent off my uni application and received offers, my first choice offer is ABC and last year I got BCD (Maths, Biology and Physics). However, I'm considering dropping biology and instead doing 6 units of BTEC IT to make my life a little easier as I'm really struggling with biology this year. One thing I'm not sure of is, say I got a distinction in IT this year would that count as the A in my offer?

Bit late????
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago

If you didn't mention it on your UCAS form, then no. The offer is conditional on achievement in the A Levels that you put as 'pending' qualifications on UCAS. My advice would be to knuckle down and focus on making the grade in biology. You have 4 - 5 months, which is plenty of time.

Summary: It's a bad idea.
AndyOC
Rep:
?
(Original post by judogainz)
Bit late????
I know, i'll need to contact universities to let them know but just wanted to know what other people think
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
I know, i'll need to contact universities to let them know but just wanted to know what other people think
It's not a case of 'letting them know'; you'd have to ask your firm and insurance choices whether they're okay with this and, if not, then you'll have to continue with biology or miss your conditional offer come results day.
AndyOC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hydeman)
If you didn't mention it on your UCAS form, then no. The offer is conditional on achievement in the A Levels that you put as 'pending' qualifications on UCAS. My advice would be to knuckle down and focus on making the grade in biology. You have 4 - 5 months, which is plenty of time.

Summary: It's a bad idea.
thanks for the advice guess it's best to just stick with it then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (65)
17.57%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (104)
28.11%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (141)
38.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.97%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.24%

Watched Threads