Whos doing their GCSE's this year? Watch

Afgsed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If your doing GCSE this year how are you keeping up with work and revising effectively. Any good revision tips?
flippantri
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What I do:
Revise everyday for roughly an hour, normally make notes on index cards according to the specification.
I do mindmaps for subjects like English Literature and Geography.
In February, I plan to be done with everything and will start doing past papers. Past papers will save your life.

Revision tips:
- Have snacks at the ready
- Have a quiet work space
- Take regular breaks - I use the pomodoro technique (Google it)
- Don't overwork yourself - I find more than 3 hours to be overkill.

:]
Good luck.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I make notes on all the topics from the beginning. then i read them every day, then do past papers
im usually always at my desk so i do a mix of procrastinating on the computer then look down onto my notes now and again, it works for me but probably not the best way
katerebecca
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I have my exams this year too! Usually I make notes from my revision guides, and watch revision videos on youtube especially for science. If I can, I'll have a go at some questions. I'm looking for new techniques though!

Good luck in your studies!
Afgsed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by katerebecca)
Hi! I have my exams this year too! Usually I make notes from my revision guides, and watch revision videos on youtube especially for science. If I can, I'll have a go at some questions. I'm looking for new techniques though!

Good luck in your studies!
thanks! and goof luck to you too
Odium
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm gonna be sitting my exams this year, and I didn't really know how I'd tackle exams and stuff. I had a bit of a taster with the mocks and I was just revising all day, it wasn't ideal but I wanted to do well! I think having a general timetable helped. It wasn't set in stone but I had a general idea of what I needed to get done, and this helped quite a bit.

Deactivating some of my social media accounts saved me a couple of hours of each day of procrastinating -- which could be spent revising, or relaxing

I'm still exploring the best techniques for things like science, as I feel I've mastered the technique for revising for subjects like History, RE, and Maths. I don't really need to revise Computer Science, and I have a book to help me out with English. I don't know about French, but I hope I'll figure it out.

I think what works for me best is having a sense of fluidity when revising, not feeling bound by a timetable; the feeling of knowing what I need to go over, not forcing myself to go over things I already know.

I just can't wait till all my coursework is done and up to the highest level I can get it to, so I can focus on the actual exam.

Good luck to you in your exams, all the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (489)
58.99%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.48%

Watched Threads