Is this a journal or a magazine or a report?

Watch
Ketchuplover
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Sorry for bothering you guys, I emailed my teacher, no answer!

http://www.fmreview.org/en/FMRpdfs/FMR13/fmr13full.pdf
is the above link a journal/report/magazine? if not then what is it? I need to cite it into my essay using a specific referencing type but idk what it is

Here are the other issues if it will help!
http://www.fmreview.org/issues

THANK YOU!
Ketchuplover
Rep:
?
HSafirah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Magazine I guess?

You can see the word magazine on page 2 under heading subscription rates on the left hand side
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You could say it's a report or possibly a magazine. What level are you studying at? As long as it's referenced correctly (including any quotations) I doubt the person marking it will be too excited. Good luck!
Ketchuplover
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan2012)
You could say it's a report or possibly a magazine. What level are you studying at? As long as it's referenced correctly (including any quotations) I doubt the person marking it will be too excited. Good luck!
I'm on my third year.
Well, i want to know what it is because I will be referencing it according to that because magazines and reports have different referencing types.Also, if it is a magazine, I will avoid using it as a source too many times because it might weaken my essay as it's not a very legitimate source if it is a magazine i guess.. but then again, it seems like a very formal magazine or report so i was kind of confused.

Thanks for the help!
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ketchuplover)
I'm on my third year.
Well, i want to know what it is because I will be referencing it according to that because magazines and reports have different referencing types.Also, if it is a magazine, I will avoid using it as a source too many times because it might weaken my essay as it's not a very legitimate source if it is a magazine i guess.. but then again, it seems like a very formal magazine or report so i was kind of confused.

Thanks for the help!
If I were referencing it I would say it's a report.
Ketchuplover
Rep:
?
(Original post by HSafirah)
Magazine I guess?

You can see the word magazine on page 2 under heading subscription rates on the left hand side
Thank you, I've seen it now. Thanks for pointing it out!
Ketchuplover
Rep:
?
If I were referencing it I would say it's a report.
Well, I guess I should do that too then, report sounds better on an essay :P
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a regular publication by the Refugee Studies Centre at Oxford University, available free of charge to people in developing countries, students, the unemployed and other relevant groups - it's hardly comparable to Hello magazine! Either way, unless you're being tested specifically on your referencing skills I doubt anyone will mind what you call it as long as it's done correctly.
Ketchuplover
Rep:
?
It's a regular publication by the Refugee Studies Centre at Oxford University, available free of charge to people in developing countries, students, the unemployed and other relevant groups - it's hardly comparable to Hello magazine! Either way, unless you're being tested specifically on your referencing skills I doubt anyone will mind what you call it as long as it's done correctly.
We are being tested for our referencing too and thank you so much for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.12%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads