The Student Room Group

Science Topics

Does anyone know all the topics on B2, C2 and P2 - Edexcel ?
Hi :smile: It's been a while since my GCSEs, so I can't remember the topics offhand! But I do know how you can find them. If you Google for Edexcel GCSE Additional Science Specification you should be able to find a .pdf file on the Edexcel website with the specification - that will tell you all the topics. Alternatively, you can use BBC Bitesize (I think that has P1 P2 C1 C2 B1 B2?) which has all the topics on. The CGP revision guides also have everything you need to know :smile:
Found it! Google for "edexcel additional science specification 2015" and the first link should be a .pdf download. Start on page 33 :smile:
Original post by usamaquraishi
Does anyone know all the topics on B2, C2 and P2 - Edexcel ?

I know all the topics for biology and physics i forgot the chemistry, if help is what you need i can help you with physics and biology. i'm doing A2 physics,chem and bio so familiar with the topics a lot, especially physics.
Original post by loveire&song
Found it! Google for "edexcel additional science specification 2015" and the first link should be a .pdf download. Start on page 33 :smile:

Thankyou! This was exactly what i was looking for.
Original post by Konanabanana
I know all the topics for biology and physics i forgot the chemistry, if help is what you need i can help you with physics and biology. i'm doing A2 physics,chem and bio so familiar with the topics a lot, especially physics.

Hi, i'm looking to take physics for A-Levels. Could you give me some advice please? Is it hard? Am i making the right choice? (P.s. I want to go into computing/engineering).
Thankyou! This was exactly what i was looking for.

You're welcome! :smile:
ps. I also take Physics A Level (and am doing a Physics degree next year! :tongue:) Physics is definitely a good choice for Engineering or Computing. I'm not sure whether I'd describe it as hard or easy - it's kind of a mixture? There's a lot less content to learn than, say Chemistry, but you have to be better at the subject to get a good grade (eg. learning the revision guide could probably get you a low A for Chemistry, but only a C for Physics - you need to be able to apply it). Having said that, it is definitely my favourite A Level - it's completely worth it!

If you're looking at taking Computer Science, I would also recommend taking either Further Maths and doing all the units, or making sure you do the Decision applied units. They are basically computer science maths - also so much fun. For Engineering, I'd recommend the Mechanics applied units.
Original post by loveire&song
You're welcome! :smile:
ps. I also take Physics A Level (and am doing a Physics degree next year! :tongue:) Physics is definitely a good choice for Engineering or Computing. I'm not sure whether I'd describe it as hard or easy - it's kind of a mixture? There's a lot less content to learn than, say Chemistry, but you have to be better at the subject to get a good grade (eg. learning the revision guide could probably get you a low A for Chemistry, but only a C for Physics - you need to be able to apply it). Having said that, it is definitely my favourite A Level - it's completely worth it!

If you're looking at taking Computer Science, I would also recommend taking either Further Maths and doing all the units, or making sure you do the Decision applied units. They are basically computer science maths - also so much fun. For Engineering, I'd recommend the Mechanics applied units.

Wow, thank you so much. Now i've got a much better understanding. Thanks :smile:
Hi, i'm looking to take physics for A-Levels. Could you give me some advice please? Is it hard? Am i making the right choice? (P.s. I want to go into computing/engineering).

If you want to go into engineering or computing physics wont be a necessity unless it is mechanical, civil or aeronautical however taking physics increases your chances a lot. If your getting A's or A*s in physics and GCSE then will have to put in work to get a good grade. I personally got an A in physics and got A* in all gcse physics exams but i scraped an A and put in work, some people got same gcse as me and got B's at As. It about not slacking off early in the year. I would highly recommend you do it, its fun, challenging and rewarding. I can just tell you from now, if u slack off you wont do well, it is not gcse where you do 1 week revision and pull of full marks in physics. If you need any help just ask :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest