The Student Room Group

Social Work!! interview

Scroll to see replies

Maybe social work is different then i was just worried as it said ucas will update them as unsuccessful if a uni hasn't replied by 7th May
Reply 441
Hi could anyone help i am going for assement this friday for BA(HON) social work at University of East London, possible for interview,what sort of questions they ask.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
nyama
Hi could anyone help i am going for assement this friday for BA(HON) social work at University of East London, possible for interview,what sort of questions they ask.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks

Be prepared for all the usual questions, such as why you want to be a social worker. Also make sure that you can talk about the experience you have and reflect on it and say what you got out of it/how it is relevant.
www.communitycare.co.uk is a good place to look for current issues in social work. Also look at www.gscc.org.uk for the codes of conduct.
Remember that they will also be watching your body language/communication skills.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 443
thanks for your help
Reply 444
Thanks for the help I got from everyone here found out I've got a place at Salford my first choice and advice here really helped me for my interview so thank you all :biggrin:
kclough
Thanks for the help I got from everyone here found out I've got a place at Salford my first choice and advice here really helped me for my interview so thank you all :biggrin:

Congrats :biggrin:
kclough

Congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 447
hi guys im really nervous im a mature student with a child, just come back from a couple months away .. to 3 interviews, am really bervous have never been to uni before or done any serious interviews .. wonder if you could give me any tips .. anyone been for interviews at coventry, staffordshire or worcestor >>??
sw2010
hi guys im really nervous im a mature student with a child, just come back from a couple months away .. to 3 interviews, am really bervous have never been to uni before or done any serious interviews .. wonder if you could give me any tips .. anyone been for interviews at coventry, staffordshire or worcestor >>??

Hi sw2010, i haven't had interviews at those universities sorry maybe somebody who has will be along soon :biggrin: Good luck with your interviews! I'm also a 'mature' student lol i'm 23 and have a seven year old daughter :eek: I'm quite nervous about starting university but the access course has prepared me in a way, several people i'm friends with have applied for criminology which i'll be doing if i don't get into social work. Although i soooooooooooo want an offer for social work i'd dance up and down my street if i got one lol. Keep us informed of how your interviews go :biggrin:
Reply 449
YEAH WILL DO THANKS .. im a bit actually a lot more mature than that 32 with a 2 year old !
Ahh i'm 23 going on 50 sometimes lol, at least you waited until a sensible age......Awww 2 i love them at that age! My friends little boy has just had his 2nd birthday it's made me broody but i've taken a vow that one child is enough for moi :biggrin: ..... Can't wait to hear how your interview goes, i so wish i could hear back from Queens :frown:
Reply 451
sw2010

heyy i attended a social work interview at coventry and it was great, got an offer - i've had 3 interviews for social work so far and heard frm 2 of them (conditional offers), just waiting for the 3rd one....dont worry it's not as bad as we think it is, once you enter the room you'l be fine, nerves calm down...one thing that worked for me was answering the questions with all honesty (not lying as they would ask 21 questions relating to my answer lol) and LINKING it to some sort of experience that ive gained, cuz i thought they'd like to see how i can use my knowledge and put it in practice....i think it worked for me lol :smile:...

i hope your interview goes well!!
Reply 452
i got pretty nervous i in the interview, didnt leave with a great feeling, hoping for coventry, any tips for that one in particular?
Reply 453
... just be yourself and show why your interests to work in this field.... talking about my personal n professional experience went well for me as i was able to talk about things that inspired me to wrok with people etc ....it'l be a good 2 know about "oppression" and "discrimination" as they might ask you to describe these terms and how they affect social work
Hi everybody!

I just thought I would come back to update you all...I have been here since 2007.

I have more or less completed the BA Social Work degree at Uni of Birmingham now. Just waiting for a couple of results to come back now from my dissertation and an assignment.

In general I think the Social Work degree at my uni is challenging. However saying that, it is nothing to be scared of. I managed to pass everything first time with some quite high marks. All down to extremely hard work though.

At the beginning I really doubted myself and under estimated my own ability but after 3 years I have grown so much and I suppose confirmed that I am capable of much more than I thought.

Anyway, I will probably come back and let you all know my degree classification in a couple of months time, but until then Good Luck to all of you currently embarking upon your social work journey...or whatever stage you may be at

xbeautyfulx
x_beautyful_x
Hi everybody!

I just thought I would come back to update you all...I have been here since 2007.

I have more or less completed the BA Social Work degree at Uni of Birmingham now. Just waiting for a couple of results to come back now from my dissertation and an assignment.

In general I think the Social Work degree at my uni is challenging. However saying that, it is nothing to be scared of. I managed to pass everything first time with some quite high marks. All down to extremely hard work though.

At the beginning I really doubted myself and under estimated my own ability but after 3 years I have grown so much and I suppose confirmed that I am capable of much more than I thought.

Anyway, I will probably come back and let you all know my degree classification in a couple of months time, but until then Good Luck to all of you currently embarking upon your social work journey...or whatever stage you may be at

xbeautyfulx

Hi, I remember you :smile:

Well done on finishing your course, have you started looking for a job yet?

What degree classification are you hoping for?

What did you do for your dissertation?

Sorry, I'm very nosey :teehee:
Reply 456
thank you for sharing you thoughts and feelings about the course! i;m hoping ot start my social work degree this year - looking forward to it :smile:

does anyone know how to apply for Social Work bursary? do i wait for Uni to provide the information or shall i look on the internet and fill out application form?
g_kaur_
thank you for sharing you thoughts and feelings about the course! i;m hoping ot start my social work degree this year - looking forward to it :smile:

does anyone know how to apply for Social Work bursary? do i wait for Uni to provide the information or shall i look on the internet and fill out application form?

HI congratulations for getting a place. can i ask where are u going to study and which level BA or MA? im also excited im going to york to study BA this year and i printed social work bursaries forms on NHS Authourity website and sent off the form. It is for 2010/2011. hope that helps
Reply 458
im confused about finance if anyone got any clarification that would be great .. i thought you fees were paid by NHS too ?!
sw2010
im confused about finance if anyone got any clarification that would be great .. i thought you fees were paid by NHS too ?!

from my understanding for the fees we get a student fees loan to pay for the fees. The fees are not paid by NHS bt we have to pay back the fees loan when one is getting a salary of over 15000 per year hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest