The Student Room Group

Adult nursing interviews for Hertfordshire, Staffordshire, and Greenwich.

I am very happy that I got interviews from these universities and would like to know whether anyone else here has had successful interviews from theses universities. What was the interview like? Was the maths exam hard and what did they ask you? Also what should I be doing to prepare myself for the interviews?
Thanks.
Reply 1
bump
Original post by tailred
bump

If you read through some of the other threads you'll find plenty of general interview tips. No one is allowed to give you any details (I.e. What questions).
Original post by tailred
I am very happy that I got interviews from these universities and would like to know whether anyone else here has had successful interviews from theses universities. What was the interview like? Was the maths exam hard and what did they ask you? Also what should I be doing to prepare myself for the interviews?
Thanks.

I had an interview at Hertfordshire in November! It was much easier than I expected just make sure to go over basic maths, it was slightly difficult but nothing too challenging! The interviews were very straight forward - just remember they're not there to trick you but just to see what you're like! Good luck ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I had an interview for Staffordshire and I was offered a place a few days later. You'll hear this a lot, but yourself and show them how enthusiastic you are about wanting to become a student nurse. Like the above post, basic maths is important. Non of the questions I was asked were trick questions, just take your time. Good luck!
Original post by tailred
Thanks.

Hi there,

Well done on getting your interviews. I'm the official rep for Staffs uni on TSR so if you've got any questions about us feel free to get in touch.

On the day at Staffs you'll have four activites: A group talk, a numeracy test, a group discussion and an interview.

You should dress smart like you would for a job interview. It's also a good idea to read up on current campaigns on the RCN website or other journals so you've got some knowledge about the profession.

Other than that, just make sure you breathe and don't rush yourself and you'll be fine. Good luck! :crossedf:

Katie
Reply 6
Thanks guys, i really appreciate the advice!
Original post by tailred
Thanks guys, i really appreciate the advice!

Have you had any of your interviews yet? How did they go? :h:
Reply 8
Original post by Staffordshire University
Have you had any of your interviews yet? How did they go? :h:

I've had one. It went Ok better than expected thank you for asking. the only thing that scares me is that they asked for photo copies of my GCSE maths and English which i did not have. Do you think this will effect their decision on me?
Original post by tailred
I've had one. It went Ok better than expected thank you for asking. the only thing that scares me is that they asked for photo copies of my GCSE maths and English which i did not have. Do you think this will effect their decision on me?

You can buy replacement copies. Google the exam board that you used and there is generally an online form. You will need evidence.
Reply 10
Original post by lilibet01
You can buy replacement copies. Google the exam board that you used and there is generally an online form. You will need evidence.

Damn, Thank you. I already have the original certificates, I just need to get a photo copy to them. I think i will phone them up on Monday and enquire. Do you think they will still consider my application?
Original post by tailred

Heya, glad to hear your interview went okay. :h:

Did they give you a time by which you needed to give them a copy of your GCSE maths and English....? I would give them a call to clear everything up. If you're having trouble getting access to a scanner or a photocopier ask them if you can send them a good quality photograph - they might accept that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending