The Student Room Group

Please HELP me to make a final choice of BPP PLEASE!

Hello all :smile:

I am an International student (Indian) and I have applied to study law (LLB) in UK. I would most likely get into UEA, Durham, and Nottingham. (I have conditional offers). I could afford paying tuition fees of 3 years. However I would be highly dependent on the firm for paying my LPC as it could be difficult for me to afford LPC (since I have plans of working abroad)

Recently I came across BPP university. BPP university has very low tuition fees and I wouldn't have to depend on firms for paying my LPC later on. I could easily go on and finance my LPC. BPP university also has a Career guarantee thingy with them which could help me to get settled abroad.
I am really confused whether to go on with BPP or not :frown:

Please give me some advice. Should I go on with BPP keeping my finance and employment priorities in view?
Thank you in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Ibii97

I am an International student (Indian) and I have applied to study law (LLB) in UK. I would most likely get into UEA, Durham, and Nottingham. (I have conditional offers). I could afford paying tuition fees of 3 years. However I would be highly dependent on the firm for paying my LPC as it could be difficult for me to afford LPC (since I have plans of working abroad)

Recently I came across BPP university. BPP university has very low tuition fees and I wouldn't have to depend on firms for paying my LPC later on. I could easily go on and finance my LPC. BPP university also has a Career guarantee thingy with them which could help me to get settled abroad.

Please give me some advice. Should I go on with BPP keeping my finance and employment priorities in view?
Thank you in advance

UEA, Durham and Nottingham are all respected universities for Law but Durham is the most respected by far. As you say you would be likely to get an offer from Durham I assume you are very clever as they have very high entry requirements. Please do not look at BPP! They are well known for their GDL and LPC, not their LLB. Their LLB has not been going for many years, and Law is an extremely snobby profession here in the UK in regard to which university you attended. If you are very clever and could get in I would opt for Durham and Nottingham. BPP offer this career guarantee and lower tuition fees etc because they want to try and offer and edge over the good universities (Oxford/Cambridge and the Russell Group universities which includes Durham and Nottingham). You would be making a big mistake to pick BPP over Durham or Nottingham.

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf

This will help you decide on which is a good UK university to study Law at. Feel free to message me if you have any questions around which universities to apply for Law at in the UK :smile:

Source; I will be studying Law at a Russell Group university as of September
Reply 2
Thank you so much for replying. Since finance is a bit issue , so I'm considering it. xD How is UEA or Leeds? My conditionals offers from Durham and Nottingham are bit high.
Original post by ORW
UEA, Durham and Nottingham are all respected universities for Law but Durham is the most respected by far. As you say you would be likely to get an offer from Durham I assume you are very clever as they have very high entry requirements. Please do not look at BPP! They are well known for their GDL and LPC, not their LLB. Their LLB has not been going for many years, and Law is an extremely snobby profession here in the UK in regard to which university you attended. If you are very clever and could get in I would opt for Durham and Nottingham. BPP offer this career guarantee and lower tuition fees etc because they want to try and offer and edge over the good universities (Oxford/Cambridge and the Russell Group universities which includes Durham and Nottingham). You would be making a big mistake to pick BPP over Durham or Nottingham.

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf

This will help you decide on which is a good UK university to study Law at. Feel free to message me if you have any questions around which universities to apply for Law at in the UK :smile:

Source; I will be studying Law at a Russell Group university as of September
Original post by Ibii97

Thank you in advance

Hi Ibii,

Great to hear you are considering studying your LLB in the UK! It's important to do your research, so that you find a university that works for you.

Our LLB (Hons) is taught by expert professionals (as is our GDL and LPC), who have a wealth of industry experience. Our programme is practice-focused, so that you can apply your theory to real life situations before you graduate.

Since we work with over 50 leading law firms, you will have the opportunity to attend law fairs and gain expert advice using our careers service, before you graduate or progress to postgraduate education.

I should also mention that our fees are lower because we are privately funded university and not because we are trying to have an edge on other leading institutions.

Head over to our blog to find out profiles on our professional law tutors: http://blog.bpp.com/!

If you'd like more information, please contact our international admissions either by email or phone:

[email protected]
+44 (0) 333 1223 604

Hope this helps!

Best,
Alice
Reply 4
i am hearing getting TC and LPC is hard for indian students. How is general experience. I am hearing it is not impossible but HARD. but look to me one and the same
Hi Srini234,

LPC is doable regardless of one's background. If you complete your LLB or GDL, LPC would not be a shock to your intellectual system. I have met an international student of South Asian ethnicity in my course who studied LLB in the UK and secured a TC within 3-4y post-graduation. I met her in my LPC class as she is completing her LPC as part of her TC for a city law firm.

I would recommend LPC at BPP since all materials that we are assessed on are provided by BPP. So long as you can commit the hours needed to study and consolidate and are well organised, you can do well. I have known my LLB peers with 2.1 receiving Distinctions in LPC.

You can do it.

Best wishes
Farzana
LPC LLM studnet
BPP Ambassador
Original post by BPP Students
Hi Srini234,

LPC is doable regardless of one's background. If you complete your LLB or GDL, LPC would not be a shock to your intellectual system. I have met an international student of South Asian ethnicity in my course who studied LLB in the UK and secured a TC within 3-4y post-graduation. I met her in my LPC class as she is completing her LPC as part of her TC for a city law firm.

I would recommend LPC at BPP since all materials that we are assessed on are provided by BPP. So long as you can commit the hours needed to study and consolidate and are well organised, you can do well. I have known my LLB peers with 2.1 receiving Distinctions in LPC.

You can do it.

Best wishes
Farzana
LPC LLM studnet
BPP Ambassador

This thread is 5 years old farzana.

To comment on the substance though for anyone who reads the thread before it gets locked, all lpc providers give materials to students and also all stats point to a vast majority of people getting distinctions on the lpc regardless of provider, neither of these things is special.

Maybe get a TC before crowing the "unis" praised aye?

Latest

Trending

Trending