The Student Room Group

The Guardian: 'the death of white male power.'

Identity (white power) before principle (power).

Out-group bias (anti-white) before principle (power).

I talk about identity politics every day, I talk about how they place identities before principles, and the potential ramifications of this, but who listens? It's endemic, it's blatant, it's prejudicial, but I'm the racist, apparently.

How do they tackle me? Identity politics.

It's nothing more than a religion.

'Rebecca Traister calls this political and cultural shift the “death of white male power”: those opposed to progress on race, gender and LGBT issues are not participating in a full-blown cultural freak-out because feminism is having a “moment”. They’re afraid because they know their world is changing in a way that they can no longer control.'

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/30/feminism-not-just-a-fad-anti-feminists-are-angry

Good, does this legitimise me advocating in favour of my own group in such a public and prejudicial fashion? Go white males! Fight back!

Anyone would think they were intentionally stoking ethnic hatred. Of course, if we reversed the context of this statement, that would be exactly what they were doing. Oh, wait, that IS what they are doing - screw the reversal.
Time to start defying liberal individualism and start identifying, predominantly, as 'white.'

It's okay, the Guardian, and the BBC, has legitimised this position.
yawn
Do you not get tired of posting the same thing over and over again?
You need to act like you're empowered rather than scrubbing around in the dirt like a pig.

If you're a wealthy white man who is sick to ****ing death of being blamed, criticised and taxed, move to the UAE or the far east and enjoy a life of money, women and respect.

Let the SJW's argue among themselves.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Philbert
Do you not get tired of posting the same thing over and over again?

Do you not get tired prioritising identity (racism against black people) over principle (racism) over and over again?

I'm a zealot and a proponent of individual liberty. Most people clearly don't understand what that means. To give you an example, in another thread a poster was claiming 'groping is pervasive', 'rape culture is real' and 'an unequal distribution equates to discrimination.'

After I'd spent 30 minutes arguing her belief system and showing it for what it is (and it was all belief predicated on identity and prejudice, not principle), she stated she'd been raped. She then claimed we needn't prove an instance of rape. By extension, 'an accusation of rape is true by default.'

Conversation shuts down - well, that's what she expected.

Em, no. I claimed she had an incentive to lie, I claimed she had no proof for her claim and, amongst much animosity (from her not me), I claimed she was using anecdotal, personal evidence as a political weapon to make a political point to win a political argument.

She ('a faux feminist') prioritised her identity (infantilised female) over her principle ('equality'). She argued I shouldn't address her as an equal (by questioning her introduction of a personal issue into a political thread), but as an infant. Her assertions, in the context of a political discussion, shouldn't be challenged.

Five minutes later, we've got everyone doing precisely the same thing. Three males, jumping into the thread, eager to denounce me, 'protecting' this woman and treating her like less than an equal, less than a person and validating her every belief because she claimed she had been raped.

Almost all identity ideologues I've been exposed to think in the same fashion - they think the personal is political but the personal is too personal to discuss. They deem ethnicity, sexuality, religion and gender to be arbitrary...right up until the moment it suits them.

They don't want what they hanker after, they only do it to amass political capital.

So, do I get tired? No. I despise this thought process.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Big ol' wall of text.

All I got from that is that you're a bit of a knob. You claimed that someone was using anecdotal evidence then demanded they prove it when it was irrelevant to the conversation. She had no reason to state that she was rape, but you had no reason to suggest that she was lying.

Not that this has anything to do with your original thread. You keep making the same arguments (and exact same posts), and getting a wall of rambling text every single time you try to engage is tiring, quite frankly.
Original post by Philbert
All I got from that is that you're a bit of a knob. You claimed that someone was using anecdotal evidence then demanded they prove it when it was irrelevant to the conversation. She had no reason to state that she was rape, but you had no reason to suggest that she was lying.

Not that this has anything to do with your original thread. You keep making the same arguments (and exact same posts), and getting a wall of rambling text every single time you try to engage is tiring, quite frankly.

Personal abuse? Well done.

I didn't claim she was using anecdotal evidence, she was using anecdotal evidence. She did so to win a political argument, yet she also deemed - simultaneously - it wasn't political. She argued in favour of equality while hoping to be treated like an infant. She used her identity to further her own political cause.

And you keep making the same responses. What of it? Don't like it? Don't read it.
"In 2011, at the Jewish Women's Archive's annual luncheon, Gloria Steinem presented awards to Traister and others.[3]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Traister

Pure cohencidence.

Always remember to Jew check Citizen. You'd be surprised to find out just how many of the anti-white articles are written by Jews. It is over 50% without a doubt.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending