karenbloggs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

Soon I will be going for an interview to become a teacher of Art and Design. I've not had much experience of teaching and am struggling to think of how to address the learning objective in a successful manner. The objective is for the learners 'to assess what has been their strongest work from their sketchbook and to identify which aspects they would find most interesting to develop...each student will leave the session with a clear idea and plan of what their next steps should be in starting the project.'

The lesson will be 1hr 20mins long. There will be lots of discussion, obviously, but what independent activities could the students do during this time? I'd be grateful of any ideas.

Many thanks.
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by karenbloggs)
Hi all,

Soon I will be going for an interview to become a teacher of Art and Design. I've not had much experience of teaching and am struggling to think of how to address the learning objective in a successful manner. The objective is for the learners 'to assess what has been their strongest work from their sketchbook and to identify which aspects they would find most interesting to develop...each student will leave the session with a clear idea and plan of what their next steps should be in starting the project.'

The lesson will be 1hr 20mins long. There will be lots of discussion, obviously, but what independent activities could the students do during this time? I'd be grateful of any ideas.

Many thanks.
You could ask each student to make three key points about what they did well in and three key points for improvement on every page in the sketch book.

From there you could ask them to pick a piece to develop by making further points for improvement on it.

This is an objective and measurable approach that encourages students to be analytical and constructive and systematic.

(I know sod all about art btw! Lol!)
martincsmith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When interview committees and principals interview art teachers, they're looking for someone who can connect with the entire culture of the school. They're looking for a person who empowers students to create beautiful artwork, has a presence in extra-curricular activities, and can effectively manage students in a classroom full of messy, sloppy supplies. An art program is often the proud centerpiece of a school's curriculum and schools want to fill that position with the most competent art teacher available.
Cheap Essay Writing Services.
karenbloggs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by beautifulbigmacs)
You could ask each student to make three key points about what they did well in and three key points for improvement on every page in the sketch book.

From there you could ask them to pick a piece to develop by making further points for improvement on it.

This is an objective and measurable approach that encourages students to be analytical and constructive and systematic.

(I know sod all about art btw! Lol!)
Thank you for your reply, really appreciate it. I've put something together so hopefully it will be ok!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise