The Student Room Group

HELP ME

how do i answer an exam question which is like this : explain how the language in the extract influences your view of the relationship between George and lenny?
the influence part is confusing me on how i answer this type of question ? heeelllpppp
i have mock exams in 6 days trying to revise!!!
Okay firstly, calm down I can tell you're panicking about this and that is going to get you nowhere.
Secondly, be more specific what extract is it (what chapter/page)? I have my Of Mice And Men novel next to me with a ton of annotations inside so I may be able to help you.
The question is asking you how the extract makes you feel about George and Lennie's relationship
(edited 8 years ago)
any of you guys doing the january igcse lit?
Reply 3
the page number is 147 in the book from the starting sentence 'you...an' me. ever'body gonna be nice to you. the last sentence of the extract is lennie jarred and then settled slowly forward to the sand, and he lay without quivering.

the question is explain how the language in the extract influences your view of the realationship beetween george and lennie

Original post by noor.m
Okay firstly, calm down I can tell you're panicking about this and that is going to get you nowhere.
Secondly, be more specific what extract is it (what chapter/page)? I have my Of Mice And Men novel next to me with a ton of annotations inside so I may be able to help you.
The question is asking you how the extract makes you feel about George and Lennie's relationship
(edited 8 years ago)
By influence the question is just asking you what you think and how you feel about the relationship between George and Lennie in the extract using quotes to back you up.
Tell the examiner how you think George or Lennie would feel
How does it make you feel?
Does it illustrate a picture?
A memory?
Or is it just telling you that at this point in the extract the relationship is tense.
One example for an answer could be...
The fact that "The hand shook violently" tells me as a reader that George did not want to do this. The word violentlently in this sentence makes the situation even more tense and builds the suspense in the novel.
Reply 5
Original post by Chloe_LouiseR
By influence the question is just asking you what you think and how you feel about the relationship between George and Lennie in the extract using quotes to back you up.
Tell the examiner how you think George or Lennie would feel
How does it make you feel?
Does it illustrate a picture?
A memory?
Or is it just telling you that at this point in the extract the relationship is tense.
One example for an answer could be...
The fact that "The hand shook violently" tells me as a reader that George did not want to do this. The word violentlently in this sentence makes the situation even more tense and builds the suspense in the novel.

thanks you very much i really appreciate it !!
Original post by lenci morina
thanks you very much i really appreciate it !!

Your welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending