The Student Room Group

Social Work Timetable

Hi All,
I've applied for Social Work in 2016 and only just sent my UCAS last week so no interviews yet.

I've applied to:
Oxford
Winchester
West London
Kingston
Buckinghamshire

I was just wondering if anyone can help me out with a rough idea of a timetable for the first year please? Ideally how many days spent in uni, start and finish time, so is a day 9-5 or 9-3?! I'm a mature student with 2 kids so trying to work out childcare in advance is impossible!!

Thanks for any help.
Hi, I can't tell you exactly as I'm at the UEA but am in my first year of social work and the 1st term was Tuesday's and Thursday's 9-4 both days. 2nd term is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9-1 each day but we also have shadowing placement too on our day off. Friday is always a study day no matter what though. And 3rd term I'm not sure yet.
Hope this gives you a rough idea but all uni's do differ.
Reply 2
Original post by Chillibean
Hi, I can't tell you exactly as I'm at the UEA but am in my first year of social work and the 1st term was Tuesday's and Thursday's 9-4 both days. 2nd term is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9-1 each day but we also have shadowing placement too on our day off. Friday is always a study day no matter what though. And 3rd term I'm not sure yet.
Hope this gives you a rough idea but all uni's do differ.

Thanks so much for the reply. Yeah I realise the days of the week are going to be different everywhere but it's more the amount of hours so that's been really helpful thanks. The childcare grant application asks you how many hours childcare you need and you have to apply in advance which is really tricky when you have no idea how many hours you'll be there!

Also I have quick question about the shadow placement; all the courses I've applied for have say a 70 day placement year 2 and 100 day placement in year 3. What's a shadow placement? Is it on top of those? Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
My timetable last year was mostly Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9-5, and some weeks we were also in for Workshops which were 9-4, so sometimes we are in every day! I am at York

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
what grades did anyone one of you get for social work please if you don't mind me saying?
Reply 5
Original post by EmEmTheFairy
My timetable last year was mostly Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9-5, and some weeks we were also in for Workshops which were 9-4, so sometimes we are in every day! I am at York

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! Ok I wasn't expecting 5 full days a week in the first year!! I might call admissions and see if they can help me. Only one has given me an idea so far, Bucks said roughly 3.5 days. Thanks for your reply
Original post by sail999
what grades did anyone one of you get for social work please if you don't mind me saying?

Do you mean what entry grades I had? I had 420 UCAS points, but most uni's ask for 280-320. I needed 320 points to be accepted. I did a BTEC, grade Triple Distinction*.

Quick Reply

Latest