Eniotnha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

I received an offer from KCL and QM as you can see in the title but don't know which one to choose, having a slight preference for KCL.
I'm an international student and don't really know how those universities are seen in your country, if you have any information on those courses (locations, reputation...) I would gladly take it especially the War Studies one.

Thanks a lot !
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Eniotnha)
Hi everyone,

I received an offer from KCL and QM as you can see in the title but don't know which one to choose, having a slight preference for KCL.
I'm an international student and don't really know how those universities are seen in your country, if you have any information on those courses (locations, reputation...) I would gladly take it especially the War Studies one.

Thanks a lot !
King's is definitely seen as 'more prestigious' than QMUL. In addition, the War Studies department at KCL is the best in the country.
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
King's is definitely seen as 'more prestigious' than QMUL. In addition, the War Studies department at KCL is the best in the country.
What is war studies? What kind of jobs can you get with it?
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I feel like although KCL is held at higher regard, International Relations seems like a more respectable degree course?

What do you want to work as OP?

Princepieman - How is 'War Studies' seen by employers? It's not a very common degree.
Kholmes1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by High Stakes)
I feel like although KCL is held at higher regard, International Relations seems like a more respectable degree course?

Princepieman - How is 'War Studies' seen by employers? It's not a very common degree.
Pretty much this. KCL seems like a better uni but I don't think I have ever heard of war studies before. Although International Relations is a respectable degree. Although if you would enjoy war studies then maybe go for that.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is war studies? What kind of jobs can you get with it?
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergrad...tudies-ba.aspx
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
War Studies is KCL's flagship department. It gives a good advantage for consulting, think tanks, diplomacy, politics, journalism, etc.

Take it.
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

War Studies, alongside Political Economy, make up two of the best courses available at KCL. Think of how LSE's flagship course is their Economics degree - these two are KCL's bread and butter.

You'll find tonnes of alumni amongst the highest realms in politics (both nationally and internationally), business and a myriad of other sectors. Don't write it off because it 'sounds funny', employers know of and respect the course.
Eniotnha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks a lot for replying. I decided to go for War Studies as KCL seems definitely as more highly regarded than QM, and War Studies being a course that is definitely interesting me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (283)
60.47%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.7%