British women are Europe's least hairy Watch

This discussion is closed.
RieLouise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shushimeng)
it doesn't mean people who shaves they are hairy, people shave because it feels smooth, and shaving is not much to ask, just like having bath. (people who don't like have bath, nor gonna shave)
Well, this lady's not for shaving.....
this lady uses Babyliss's hair removal and exfoliation system. *
Have you tried that? It fecking rocks. And no, I didn't buy it - it was a Christmas present from my mother.
But yeah, smooth legs feel 'cleaner' to me. Nowt to do with feminism or lack thereof - just *my* personal preference.

So I won't be adding to Wilkinson Sword's profit margins anymore. Although they were one of the better brands - didn't leave my legs feeling like they'd been attacked by a psychopathic cat.

Waxing's the best - if you have a high pain threshold.

Edit: Just don't use it in the bath!
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't like extreme feminism, it's stupid
A0307
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bratcat)
Whoa, cogent argument. You've certainly convinced me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oh yeh, I was clearly trying very hard to. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maddox has an article on this: http://maddox.xmission.com/feminazi.html
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
one of my french teachers (who's french and not english) doesn't shave her pits and wears sleeveless tops without worrying about what people think.one cheeky student once asked her a few years ago why she doesn't shave and she said that because in her culture, a woman is not allowed to shave after her father has died...

also women don't shave only to feel 'smooth' it also helps to shave so that you don't smell of BO if you sweat a lot-something about the sweat sticking on the hair...
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmin)
Must have been someone else who typed something dodgy into their google searchbar, I thought it was you due to a very old thread on gay blokes at your school?
Don't think it was me. Yes, there were some extremely annoying gay-and-ridiculously-loud-and-proud-about-it types at my old school, but thankfully I've left now, so will most likely never have to see any of them again.
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sneezyme)
one of my french teachers (who's french and not english) doesn't shave her pits and wears sleeveless tops without worrying about what people think.one cheeky student once asked her a few years ago why she doesn't shave and she said that because in her culture, a woman is not allowed to shave after her father has died...

also women don't shave only to feel 'smooth' it also helps to shave so that you don't smell of BO if you sweat a lot-something about the sweat sticking on the hair...
my teacher doesnt shave but wears t-shirts. her sweat patches are gross. you can see a load of bushy hair sticking out from underneath an incredibly tight top. just makes you sick!
sneezyme
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by neha p)
my teacher doesnt shave but wears t-shirts. her sweat patches are gross. you can see a load of bushy hair sticking out from underneath an incredibly tight top. just makes you sick!
don't know which is worse!
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Thanks for sharing that, lucky i'm not eating. Yuck. Buy her a razor as a thank you for being a great teacher present, hopefully she'll take the hint.
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Thanks for sharing that, lucky i'm not eating. Yuck. Buy her a razor as a thank you for being a great teacher present, hopefully she'll take the hint.
lol...a class last yr already did that. it was the latest venus closest shave one. we could hear her shouting echo down the corridor for 15 mins!! lol, that was really funny! :rolleyes:
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
lol...a class last yr already did that. it was the latest venus closest shave one. we could hear her shouting echo down the corridor for 15 mins!! lol, that was really funny!
lol oh dear, some people just can't take useful critisism. That reminds me of the set four maths teacher, he was always in the class next to ours and every lesson you could hear him screaming "you're all pathetic, you're all going to fail!" One lesson he had to cover our class - best lesson ever.
sparkly_tiara
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My maths group once locked our male teacher in a cupboard with a can of deoderant, soap and water and told him he couldnt come out until he washed to get rid of his BO!! A bit too drastic to say the least but it was bad!!

Lou
xxx
RieLouise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by calumc)
Oh yeh, I was clearly trying very hard to. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maddox has an article on this: http://maddox.xmission.com/feminazi.html
I love it when people resort to personal insults because they are incapable of producing a coherent argument on a given subject. Your comment says more about you than it does about me.
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sparkly_tiara)
My maths group once locked our male teacher in a cupboard with a can of deoderant, soap and water and told him he couldnt come out until he washed to get rid of his BO!! A bit too drastic to say the least but it was bad!!
Too far, they should all get suspended.
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
I don't like extreme feminism, it's stupid
Could you further qualify that please? I'd be interested to know just what you mean.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the shaving/feminism thing- there are days when i feel crap and if i'm not going out or whatever so i don't blow-dry my hair, i don't wear make-up, i don't shave my legs... but i feel crap. i thinkmost girls tend to feel cleaner and fresher with nice smooth legs. and i always tell my bf that if he doesn't shave , i won't shave my legs (his stubble is itchy)

yeh i think women should have equal rights, but tbh i don't feel de-sexualised or anything shaving my legs, in fact i think it makes most girls feel sexier when they have nice smooth skin. and i think feminists that preach like leda swanson do far more harm than benefit in gaining equal rights :rolleyes: *it's not a constant battle to be won*

lou xxx
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bratcat)
I love it when people resort to personal insults because they are incapable of producing a coherent argument on a given subject. Your comment says more about you than it does about me.
Fascinating. I love it when people resort to trying to sound "clever" because they are incapable of producing a coherent argument. If I was 6 years old and/or stupid, I might pay attention to you.

What a hypocrit. Where's your "coherent argument" then?

So far you've picked "Whoa, cogent argument. You've certainly convinced me." out of thin air - based on a post where I simply stated my opinion, and clearly was not arguing anything nor attempting to convince anyone, and now you follow it up with this beautiful piece of, well, *******s really.

I referred you to an article which reflects my views on the subject. I have no need to produce this magical "coherent argument" you speak of, the lack of which appears to have got your knickers in a twist.
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think it's disgusting. Personal opinion.
So very very sorry if this view opresses anyone, but my opinion is my own.

:rolleyes:

Silly femenists.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I'm not opressing anyone, women choose to shave themselves I don't tell them to do it. If women want to be hairy fair play to them, just don't expect me to touch their manly-looking bits with a barge pole.
LOL pig goes around telling women to shave

IMO I wouldn't want to be hairy I just don't think it's nice
A0307
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
I think it's disgusting. Personal opinion.
So very very sorry if this view opresses anyone, but my opinion is my own.

:rolleyes:

Silly femenists.
I'm going to start my own masculinists society for guys. We're all going to refuse to shave, shower, or wear deodorant, and will wear dresses, womens underwear (the frillier the better), makeup, and lots of perfume. We're all going to speak in squeaky voices and walk like women, and carry handbags, and campaign for tampon machines in male public toilets "for equality". Once a week we're going to publicly blow up a washing machine and burn a pair of jeans and a box of condoms in protest of these and all the other "female enforced" things that have been thrown upon us opressed males throughout the years. Who's with me?!
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by calumc)
I'm going to start my own masculinists society for guys. We're all going to refuse to shave, shower, or wear deodorant, and will wear dresses, womens underwear (the frillier the better), makeup, and lots of perfume. We're all going to speak in squeaky voices and walk like women, and carry handbags, and campaign for tampon machines in male public toilets "for equality". Once a week we're going to publicly blow up a washing machine and burn a pair of jeans and a box of condoms in protest of these and all the other "female enforced" things that have been thrown upon us opressed males throughout the years. Who's with me?!
Well...I'd approve if you stuck with the eyeliner.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (33)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (84)
42.42%
Nope, not that interesting (81)
40.91%

Watched Threads