Is Youtube the future? Watch

Foys88
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys i am looking to start a youtube channel. I have come across so many of my customers and meet people who make lots of money from youtube. Has anyone got experience from this and what advice would you give? Also advice on what you would need. Defo need to get on this youtube hype. I understand i wont be making lots straight away but its all practise and free right?
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This 'youtube hype' has been around for years. It is a highly saturated market. Don't hold high expectations if you think you're going to make a killing by being one of the many tens of thousands of people making new channels.
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are millions of people out there who wish they could make money from YouTube, and only a minute proportion of them ever will. Unless you've got something real special, you're never going to attract much attention...

Regardless, it's all fun, and I had a gaming channel a couple years back just for the fun of it :lol: think I even reached 50 subs at one point lol
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are you thinking of doing on your channel? Also a lot of the really big youtubers didn't start it with the aim of earning money, it came later on.
kickboxer 98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Foys88)
Hey guys i am looking to start a youtube channel. I have come across so many of my customers and meet people who make lots of money from youtube. Has anyone got experience from this and what advice would you give? Also advice on what you would need. Defo need to get on this youtube hype. I understand i wont be making lots straight away but its all practise and free right?
one of my old friends has a youube channel, and he has been using it for around a year or two and is making money, has sponsors and goes to loads of conferences to meet people like KSI and MINIMINTER. maybe you could check his channel out?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kickboxer 98)
one of my old friends has a youube channel, and he has been using it for around a year or two and is making money, has sponsors and goes to loads of conferences to meet people like KSI and MINIMINTER. maybe you could check his channel out?
stop lying
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If your channel is successful, you may make a bit. The odds are slim though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well so many people have caught on to the YouTube 'scheme' that it's almost impossible to become a popular you tuber plus people will be able to tell if you're just in it for the money and that won't win you many fans tbh
kickboxer 98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gr8wizard10)
stop lying
i aint you can check his channel hes doing well, i just stopped speaking to him recently though
Foys88
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Yeah im thinking of doing reviews of different financial products (my speciality) like best savings, loans and insurances also review some technology but i believe the technology one has been rinsed out.

Ive come across 3 people in last 2 months. 1 of them earns £65k a year and the others about £500 per month. Going to be alongside my current job. Not going into it just for the money but getting used to making videos aswell. Probably might not even get that big. I hear gaming is pretty high on list when it comes to youtube searches.
High Stakes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Foys88)
Yeah im thinking of doing reviews of different financial products (my speciality) like best savings, loans and insurances also review some technology but i believe the technology one has been rinsed out.

Ive come across 3 people in last 2 months. 1 of them earns £65k a year and the others about £500 per month. Going to be alongside my current job. Not going into it just for the money but getting used to making videos aswell. Probably might not even get that big. I hear gaming is pretty high on list when it comes to youtube searches.
1) Your product needs to be something new. If you want to succeed in such a competitive market you'll need to produce original and engrossing content.
2) You require a repertoire of differently themed videos that you can upload consistently. For instance, a lot of gaming channels will host both reviews and let's plays. You must have variety and enough 'stock' ideas to be producing constantly.
3) Brand image. (self-explanatory).

I'm planning on going into Youtube (later on, probably after my exams this year). If you are serious about the whole thing, you ought to plan it out.

I'll echo what Alexion and Andy98 said. Don't possess high expectations. In these sort of markets it really depends on being the right person at the right time. Which is why so many people will tell you not to go in it for the money, as you'll likely be hit with crushing disappointment.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by High Stakes)
1) Your product needs to be something new. If you want to succeed in such a competitive market you'll need to produce original and engrossing content.
2) You require a repertoire of differently themed videos that you can upload consistently. For instance, a lot of gaming channels will host both reviews and let's plays. You must have variety and enough 'stock' ideas to be producing constantly.
3) Brand image. (self-explanatory).

I'm planning on going into Youtube (later on, probably after my exams this year). If you are serious about the whole thing, you ought to plan it out.

I'll echo what Alexion and Andy98 said. Don't possess high expectations. In these sort of markets it really depends on being the right person at the right time. Which is why so many people will tell you not to go in it for the money, as you'll likely be hit with crushing disappointment.
Merci

Posted from TSR Mobile
TSR Mustafa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Was part of a 100k sub channel which is growing quite nicely , but i quit it for studies etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads