The Student Room Group

Retaking AS exams

I am currently in year 12 and I was just wondering, if I need/want to retake an AS exam next year and I get a worse grade than before, can I choose which one I take or does it have to be the latest one? Thanks for any help! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by LewisClothier
I am currently in year 12 and I was just wondering, if I need/want to retake an AS exam next year and I get a worse grade than before, can I choose which one I take or does it have to be the latest one? Thanks for any help! :smile:

It depends which subject it is. If it is still old spec then your better attempt at a unit is the one that will count. If it is new spec then you may or may not take AS exams this summer, but regardless, the only exams that will count for your A level grade will be the A level exams the following summer.
Reply 2
hey there. if you mind me asking can i retake psychology AS using the old spec? am in year 13 btw
Original post by Compost
It depends which subject it is. If it is still old spec then your better attempt at a unit is the one that will count. If it is new spec then you may or may not take AS exams this summer, but regardless, the only exams that will count for your A level grade will be the A level exams the following summer.
Reply 3
Original post by noey123
hey there. if you mind me asking can i retake psychology AS using the old spec? am in year 13 btw

You can re-sit old spec AS Psychology in 2016.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, okay thanks for the help, yes they are all old spec :') just making sure because my school is pretty bad with telling us what's going on

Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest