Turn on thread page Beta

Help. Is it wrong to eat meat? Are animals trying to kill me? watch

ReputationRep:
    If animals kill other animals for food, why can't we kill animals for food?

Seems kind of hypocritical. What makes them so special?

Or are vegetarians/vegans arguing that we shouldn't kill other animals which haven't killed other animals? Surely then your argument should be we shouldn't eat certain types of meat, rather than meat. What makes a cow's life more valuable than that of a fly? What right does a cow have to kill grass? While grass may lack a nervous system, does that make its existence invalid?

I guess it comes back to pain. What pain is caused by the absence of grass?

Well, grass absorbs CO2. Surely, by killing grass, cows are killing us, what with all the climate changes and stuffs!!!

Surely, by killing cows we are saving grass, and grass is saving us? So, what's, or who is, killing me? The grass (or lack thereof, thanks cows!), the cows, or the climate? Isn't everyone killing each other? More to the point, who or what do I get to kill?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    There's nothing wrong with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't let the PC police stop you from loving meat!!!

ReputationRep:
    Not another one of these threads. Although your argument is better than some others even if you are trolling.

ReputationRep:
    The day has finally come where I agree with one of your posts..like really do.

ReputationRep:
    Some vegans justify veganism on the basis of not causing animal suffering for pleasure. Others would justify it on reducing ghg emissions, water usage etc.

ReputationRep:
    We have a lot more knowledge/awareness than other animals, and easily attainable substitutes for meat.
    Plus, animals do a lot of things that humans wouldn't do, so you can't just pick and choose what behaviour you want to base on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I know. I just like throwing cats in amongst pigeons. I also like killing multiple self-righteous birds with the same stone.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't believe in harming innocent creatures as I feel they are as entitled to life as I am and there are plenty of alternatives to eating meat but believe what you want tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCitizenAct)

Or are vegetarians/vegans arguing that we shouldn't kill other animals which haven't killed other animals? Surely then your argument should be we shouldn't eat certain types of meat, rather than meat. What makes a cow's life more valuable than that of a fly? What right does a cow have to kill grass? While grass may lack a nervous system, does that make its existence invalid?

Well, grass absorbs CO2. Surely, by killing grass, cows are killing us, what with all the climate changes and stuffs!!!

Surely, by killing cows we are saving grass, and grass is saving us? So, what's, or who is, killing me? The grass (or lack thereof, thanks cows!), the cows, or the climate? Isn't everyone killing each other?
    :rofl: :rofl:

I think I know which thread inspired this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCitizenAct)

Surely, by killing cows we are saving grass, and grass is saving us? So, what's, or who is, killing me? The grass (or lack thereof, thanks cows!), the cows, or the climate? Isn't everyone killing each other?
    Vegetarians won't kill any animal, carnivorous or not. This is because humans are fully capable of achieving their nutrients from easily available food, and thus don't need to eat other animals. Humans also have the greater ability for morality and conscience, and thus should not support the awful factory farming industry.

Humans eating animals are also different in that humans have created a mass factory farming system which causes far more pain and torture on a far larger scale than animals do to one another.

Eating animals, aka animal agriculture, is actually the largest contributor to global warming. This is because cows are bred at an unaturally large scale, and thus there are far too many cows for the planet. The large amounts of grain required to feed factory farmed animals could go directly to humans and solve hunger problems.

I recommend watching 'cowspiracy.'

ReputationRep:
    You generalizing.

Not all animals kill others to eat them. They can be brought up to not eat others for example like the way cows, pigs etc are brought up. If you brought up in a wild environment you are going to be wild, if you brought in a compassionate environment you are going to be compassionate- this is true for all animals (including humans as humans are animals too and this is just a fact).

Also going by your logic- its ok to do it if other animals do it?

Some Animals rape others- so is rape ok?

Some Animals do kill others- so is killing ok?

Some humans kill others - so I suppose its ok to kill other humans?

You clearly haven't thought this through at all- its ok though the majority like meat so they won't dare be logical and point out the flaws in your argument.

Honestly look at this logically and put you emotions to one side - you are saying that it is ok to kill Animals because Animals (that should be some animals by the way) kill others. So surely going by this logic- it is ok to do anything at all because other animals (including humans) have done that before.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    fascist
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by veggieguy)
    fascist
    Urmmmm no, not really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Eating meat is worse for the environment because the animal you are eating had to be fed more plants than if you had just eaten the plants directly,hence the "grass" argument makes no sense.I think you should read up about the issue

ReputationRep:
    Meat is good.

Protein is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlindingLight)
    Meat is good.

Protein is good.
    The pain and killing of sentient animals is good?

But yes, protein is good. Fortunately, protein is readily available in vegetarian diets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    The pain and killing of sentient animals is good?
    Your post is giving me pain.

ReputationRep:
    Urmmmm no, not really

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes really.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by veggieguy)
    yes really.
    I'm actually at the other end of the scale

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.