A lecturer who emailed me tried to recall the message. What does this mean? (urgent)

Watch
theperformer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My assignment was due for 7th December. I submitted it electronically and physically on that date BEFORE the deadline.

However in my student emails I got an email from head of faculty saying that she did NOT receive my electronic copy and wanted me to re-submit. I began to panic but then I saw that I had received an email from turnitin on 7th December saying that I did in fact successfully submit my assignment electronically.

I also noticed that the head of faculty tried to 'recall' the email she sent me which said that she hadn't received my assignment, which essentially means they tried to retract/delete the original message.

Does this mean that my assignment DID submit successfully and it was she that made the mistake?
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by theperformer)
My assignment was due for 7th December. I submitted it electronically and physically on that date BEFORE the deadline.

However in my student emails I got an email from head of faculty saying that she did NOT receive my electronic copy and wanted me to re-submit. I began to panic but then I saw that I had received an email from turnitin on 7th December saying that I did in fact successfully submit my assignment electronically.

I also noticed that the head of faculty tried to 'recall' the email she sent me which said that she hadn't received my assignment.

Does this mean that my assignment DID submit successfully and it was she that made the mistake?
Presumably...

Should you not just email her and ask?
theperformer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
Presumably...

Should you not just email her and ask?
She isn't back until the 4th.
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're only going to find out if you email her for clarification.

If you handed your work in on time, just state that and you should have nothing to worry about.
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She isn't back until the 4th.
No way of knowing other than email.
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is so weird, I had an assignment due for the exact same day and had to do this too
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
send it again and send a screenshot of that email with it
theperformer
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blondie987)
This is so weird, I had an assignment due for the exact same day and had to do this too
So did it turn out that you did indeed submit it successfully and the lecturer was wrong?
powwer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There is no harm in keeping a copy of the e-mail for future reference, so I suggest you forward it to your personal e-mail account.
Blondie987
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So did it turn out that you did indeed submit it successfully and the lecturer was wrong?
I've submitted both mine and they seem to have gone through, it shows that I've uploaded it on moodle, is it the electronic copy you're having trouble with?
theperformer
Rep:
?
I've submitted both mine and they seem to have gone through, it shows that I've uploaded it on moodle, is it the electronic copy you're having trouble with?
Supposedly my electronic copy was not received, which can't be true because I got a notification from Turnitin which confirmed that my submission was successfully. It shows that I've uploaded it and it gives me a similarity %.
Blondie987
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Supposedly my electronic copy was not received, which can't be true because I got a notification from Turnitin which confirmed that my submission was successfully. It shows that I've uploaded it and it gives me a similarity %.
Well the fact that turnitin in says that you have and your lecturer tried to recall the email, I would assume she had made a mistake, she still should have contacted you so you wouldn't have to worry about it. Check on turnitin to see if it's there maybe? Also, I'd email her back explaining that you did submit it and maybe forward the email from turnitin as well so she receives it when she gets back on the 4th
HAnwar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whatever happens you have the email from turnitin as proof that you've submitted your work.
theperformer
Rep:
?
Well the fact that turnitin in says that you have and your lecturer tried to recall the email, I would assume she had made a mistake, she still should have contacted you so you wouldn't have to worry about it. Check on turnitin to see if it's there maybe? Also, I'd email her back explaining that you did submit it and maybe forward the email from turnitin as well so she receives it when she gets back on the 4th
I have checked turnitin and it is there. It's been submitted and even lists a similarity percentage which checks for plagiarism. She is gone until the 4th but everything indicates that my electronic copy was submitted just fine; I can see it on my module as being submitted AND I got a notification from turnitin which says it's 100% submitted.

I forwarded my turnitin message to her. I think she made a mistake because she tried to recall the message.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads