The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

How do you feel less ugly?

I'm 26 and I still don't feel comfortable with myself.
I'm a really ugly girl with manly features. I have no confidence and I've tried for years to feel better about myself but I can't.
Due to losing a dear family member this year, I've put on weight and this has affected my confidence further.
I just can't keep living with myself and the way I look and I've never been this low.
There's a guy I like at work but he's out of my league. A work colleague I confided in disagreed but she's just being kind. She isn't going to say I'm ugly to my face.
How do you know your limits on who you can ask out?
How do you accept that you are ugly but make the most of life, get a relationship etc?
My younger sisters are doing more now, boyfriends, parties and I feel like such a failure.
Reply 1
Definitely go to the gym, it will improve your body and more importantly build up your confidence. You also just really feel happy after a good workout. Wear makeup, buy new clothes, change your hairstyle maybe etc. Try talking to guys more. Post a pic on https://www.reddit.com/r/Rateme and get some more detailed advice
Reply 2
I'm ugly myself, and I just wanted to say as long as you have a kind heart it doesn't matter what's on the outside. As for dates, i don't have a boyfriend yet, (by choice mostly), even though im 20. but I think the best thing is too wait to meet a boy who like's your personality, they are the best type weather you are pretty are not, im going to say you are probably not ugly, but when people say that to me it doesn't help, becasue i go from liking myself a little to not being able to look in a mirror. So I get where you might be coming from, remember the best of people with big hearts are the ones who go for personality and heart.

Hope this helps

Take care

Zoe x

Latest