a lonely person's new year message thread Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
every year people keep saying happy new year, happy birthday, etc etc, yet what if nobody says it to you year on year. I myself sadly dont have many friends and those who claim to be m friends couldnt give a rats arse about me. I am 24 years old, I have never been in a relationship (read virgin and not kissed anyone), I acheived a masters degree from a russel group uni and have had job interviews at cambridge uni hospitals, guys and st thomas', royal free, to name but a few hospitals, and was president of 3 societies at uni, yet here I am,2 years after graduating having spent 1 year working in a hellhole of an apprentiship in which my first training tutor tried to get me sacked by any means necessary (including leaving syringes out in the open and planting certain drugs in wrong places and trying to blame me for it) and I have been unemployed since end of may. I live with my parents but said parents are either sufferring from depression brought on by pms half the time, or are disabled and always sleeping. add to that that I have 2 dead siblings (only 1 of my parents children to live beyond the womb) and I feel isolated. all my cousins, aunts and uncles are absolute dicks and would like to see me fail in life. on top of that, my household income has been severely screwed over thanks to the tory government nitwits and come june next year, both my parents will be unemployed (which is bad as we earn less than the national household average by some margin) I have been suffering nothing but bizarre luck time after time after time (most recent of which was 3 cars reversing into my front bumper on main roads 3 times today). I may hav e acrappy life but I know that a lot of people have even worse lives.
to me and you guys, happy new year.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
every year people keep saying happy new year, happy birthday, etc etc, yet what if nobody says it to you year on year. I myself sadly dont have many friends and those who claim to be m friends couldnt give a rats arse about me. I am 24 years old, I have never been in a relationship (read virgin and not kissed anyone), I acheived a masters degree from a russel group uni and have had job interviews at cambridge uni hospitals, guys and st thomas', royal free, to name but a few hospitals, and was president of 3 societies at uni, yet here I am,2 years after graduating having spent 1 year working in a hellhole of an apprentiship in which my first training tutor tried to get me sacked by any means necessary (including leaving syringes out in the open and planting certain drugs in wrong places and trying to blame me for it) and I have been unemployed since end of may. I live with my parents but said parents are either sufferring from depression brought on by pms half the time, or are disabled and always sleeping. add to that that I have 2 dead siblings (only 1 of my parents children to live beyond the womb) and I feel isolated. all my cousins, aunts and uncles are absolute dicks and would like to see me fail in life. on top of that, my household income has been severely screwed over thanks to the tory government nitwits and come june next year, both my parents will be unemployed (which is bad as we earn less than the national household average by some margin) I have been suffering nothing but bizarre luck time after time after time (most recent of which was 3 cars reversing into my front bumper on main roads 3 times today). I may hav e acrappy life but I know that a lot of people have even worse lives.
Happy new year to you too; I hope you're okay

*Hugs*
Blondie987
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy New year!
Rorschach II
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy New Year.

Best of luck, and I really do hope that your life takes a change for the better.
Tawheed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy new year, i pray for you and hope you can find your way and find happiness and turn your life into what you see it to be god-wiling.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy new year and best wishes for the future
kandykissesxox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have a happy snappy new years
flippantri
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy new year OP. This will be your year.
BrokenLife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy New Year to you! And whoever you are I love you as a human!
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
from a 50 year old male
Go and get yourself laid
(even if you have to pay)

all the best for 2016
AthiaKarim
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hope this year is better for you

Happy New Year everyone.
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Less self pity, more looking forward

gl
PrinceNuada
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have a snazztastic New Year

Posted from TSR Mobile
anonymousm3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why don't you talk to God? And trust he will provide for you. I don't know if you are Christian or not, but God loves you either way and if you ask Him, He will find a way for you. Happy new year!! 🎉🎉
Kholmes1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
from a 50 year old male
Go and get yourself laid
(even if you have to pay)

all the best for 2016
Out of curiousity why did you say go and get yourself laid, even if you have to pay. I think if he is going to lose it shouldn't it be someone he cares about? It doesn't really matter what ever people will think. But why do you think that?
Kholmes1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy New Year!!!
Tpos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Happy new year, hope you have a blessed one!
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kholmes1)
Out of curiousity why did you say go and get yourself laid, even if you have to pay. I think if he is going to lose it shouldn't it be someone he cares about? It doesn't really matter what ever people will think. But why do you think that?
I think not having been in a relationship until that age can become a problem mentally
(although personally I do not think it is a problem).

But Judging by the low esteem of his post I feel he would need to break that "barrier" first. Then of course he could have a loving relationship.

I have twin daughters older than him, but if I had a son and he told me "dad this is one of the issues ... I would have advised him exactly the same.
xxVENUSx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anonymousm3)
Why don't you talk to God? And trust he will provide for you. I don't know if you are Christian or not, but God loves you either way and if you ask Him, He will find a way for you. Happy new year!! 🎉🎉
No, just no
Proxenus
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wish that things will puzzle out for you. Wish you the best this year x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (46)
9.22%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.81%
No, but I want to start (177)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (117)
23.45%
No, I chose not to (145)
29.06%