Passed your driving test? Watch

Poll: what age dod you pass your test?
17-18 and drove regularly after passing (17)
47.22%
17-18 then didn't drive after passing (2)
5.56%
19-21 (10)
27.78%
21+ (7)
19.44%
tobie123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
what age did you pass your test?
Did you drive regularly after passing?
If you drove regularly where to?
Did you have your own car or use parents?
Did you have any restrictuons after passing, eg no passengers, no motorway driving?
How long did ot take for you to feel a safe driver?
evalilyXOX
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I passed 1st time at 17
For the first fortnight after passing no because I didn't have a car. Once I got a car then I drove everyday.
I mostly drive on motorways as I had no experience with them, and round my nearby towns
I used my own car that I bought 2 weeks after passing my test
I had to drive with an experienced driver as a passenger, mainly my dad or uncle.
I started to feel safe a year after passing.
h.dan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm 18 in a month and a half and still not even started. I wanna pass it though asap but cba lol. Uber for life.
tobie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by h.dan)
I'm 18 in a month and a half and still not even started. I wanna pass it though asap but cba lol. Uber for life.
probably cheaper than learning to drive! none of your mates passed yet then?
subject_delta
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
20 / 1st time
Yes
Work
Own
No
3 months
h.dan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tobie123)
probably cheaper than learning to drive! none of your mates passed yet then?
I've got a few who are learning. To be honest I'll probably do an intensive course in the February or Easter half term and then get insured on my both my parents cars (an Audi A4 and a Honda CRV), I'll end up paying for the extra insurance but even then it'll be cheaper than me having to buy an old car or getting a new one on finance as I'll end up with wasting money when Uber exists in Manchester and if I've got insurance on my mum and dad's car.

Meh... so I suppose I'll probably actually get a car after uni I suppose.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Passed at 19

Got car about a week after passing and have been driving almost every day since then

Shops, friends, gym, basically anywhere I would by bus

Own Car

Did you have any restrictuons after passing, eg no passengers, no motorway driving?

I was scared of motorways and avoided them at all costs, then I found myself on one by accident and was like :afraid: but was actually quite boring and found it more safer than regual street driving. Drive on them whenever I need to now

Probably about a week of driving my car daily. I'd say I'm overconfident now :/
tobie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by h.dan)
I've got a few who are learning. To be honest I'll probably do an intensive course in the February or Easter half term and then get insured on my both my parents cars (an Audi A4 and a Honda CRV), I'll end up paying for the extra insurance but even then it'll be cheaper than me having to buy an old car or getting a new one on finance as I'll end up with wasting money when Uber exists in Manchester and if I've got insurance on my mum and dad's car.

Meh... so I suppose I'll probably actually get a car after uni I suppose.
watxh out for those intensive courses, better to take your time and learn slowly otherwise you will lack confidence when you go out on your own
Goaded
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I passed like three weeks ago and just drove from Kent to Yorkshire and back
tobie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goaded)
I passed like three weeks ago and just drove from Kent to Yorkshire and back
wow! on your own? how did it go?
veggieguy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1)I past my test 3 days after turning 17
2) Yes I drove on my own everywhere. A few weeks after passing I drove my friends on an 8 hour drive down to london just for fun.
3) I had my own BMW worth £100000
4) No I just drove with anyone to anywhere
5) I have always been a safe driver
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what age did you pass your test? 18
Did you drive regularly after passing? Not after a couple of years. Now living in a car free house.
If you drove regularly where to? N/A
Did you have your own car or use parents? Never owned one
Did you have any restrictuons after passing, eg no passengers, no motorway driving? No use when mum wanted the car!
How long did ot take for you to feel a safe driver? A few months
Goaded
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
wow! on your own? how did it go?
With my mum and sister, and it was okay. I just went up the A1 instead of m25/m1 so it was okay. Went on the m11 tho
AmateurRocketman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
17 first time (and no minors )
Not for a few weeks due to lack of car
I now drive regularly to the station on my way to school
Parents' car - we had been planning on getting a smaller second car for a while so me passing is when we actually got one
Some of my friends that my mum thought were a "bad influence" driving-wise weren't allowed as passengers initially, and no motorways until I'd done a 2-hour motorway tuition session with an instructor
There's no specific point where I went "I am a safe driver now", but a couple of months I guess. That said, as I've got more confident driving more recklessly is a risk I've noticed...
tobie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmateurRocketman)
17 first time (and no minors )
Not for a few weeks due to lack of car
I now drive regularly to the station on my way to school
Parents' car - we had been planning on getting a smaller second car for a while so me passing is when we actually got one
Some of my friends that my mum thought were a "bad influence" driving-wise weren't allowed as passengers initially, and no motorways until I'd done a 2-hour motorway tuition session with an instructor
There's no specific point where I went "I am a safe driver now", but a couple of months I guess. That said, as I've got more confident driving more recklessly is a risk I've noticed...
sounds a sensible approach. Driving to school is always the risky one in my view, moee likely to have mates in the car and be messing around
h.dan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
watxh out for those intensive courses, better to take your time and learn slowly otherwise you will lack confidence when you go out on your own
Yeah I'm completely with you. I've already had some private lessons from the father so I can pretty much drive, but need to brush up on everything and extend them skills I suppose. I'm generally confident when I need to make a 30 second drive down to the local Tesco, park up, reverse out of the carpark onto a main road and then make the 30 second drive back and reverse into the driveway/garage.

I may take some basic lessons first though, not sure yet :P.
tobie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by h.dan)
Yeah I'm completely with you. I've already had some private lessons from the father so I can pretty much drive, but need to brush up on everything and extend them skills I suppose. I'm generally confident when I need to make a 30 second drive down to the local Tesco, park up, reverse out of the carpark onto a main road and then make the 30 second drive back and reverse into the driveway/garage.

I may take some basic lessons first though, not sure yet :P.
good luck and take it slowly when you do pass!
tobie123
Rep:
?
(Original post by veggieguy)
1)I past my test 3 days after turning 17
2) Yes I drove on my own everywhere. A few weeks after passing I drove my friends on an 8 hour drive down to london just for fun.
3) I had my own BMW worth £100000
4) No I just drove with anyone to anywhere
5) I have always been a safe driver
how did you pass within 3 days?!
lyrical_lie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nope so the rest isn't applicable.
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
I passed on my fourth attempt last year. I was 18!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (53)
21.03%
Unconditional if firmed (20)
7.94%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.79%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (6)
2.38%
No unconditional offers (171)
67.86%

Watched Threads