The Student Room Group

Year 11s, how are you feeling about GCSEs starting in 4 months?

With the most important exams of our lives thus far, coming up soon, how are you guys feeling about it? Stressed, ambitious, frightened?

Let me start. I'm feeling quite anxious since how well I do will be a key decider on my future. However, I'm also fairly excited, as I'll soon be done with subjects I hate!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:bricks:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kennethdcharles
With the most important exams of our lives thus far, how are you guys feeling about it? Stressed, ambitious, frightened?

Let me start. I'm feeling quite anxious since how well I do will be a key decider on my future. However, I'm also fairly excited, as I'll soon be done with subjects I hate!

For Christ's sake can someone go one day without reminding me that this is one the most important years of my life. And GCSEs are so ****ing important like without them the lord Cthulhu will devour my soul and condemn me to eternal pain and suffering.
Literally that's all my parents and teachers say these days.
That being said of course I'm aiming for those 11A*s
How I'm feeling eh?
I'm feeling exhausted, I wish they can just get them over with, so that I can do my ALevels so that I can go to uni, so that I can get a high paying job so that I can retire early. Buy a house in Montenegro and do **** all until I die.

Spoiler

Reply 3
This year could either be the worst or the best year of my life. This all depends on my grades. Therefore, I feel very pressured at the minute.

EDIT:

I have a month left till my AS levels and I can 1000000000% confirm that Year 12 is much much worse.
(edited 6 years ago)
Well, 4 months?
What do you think?
Reply 5
I feel fine about them at the moment, I'm sure this will change by April...
With the most important exams of our lives thus far, how are you guys feeling about it? Stressed, ambitious, frightened?

the dread is slowly building up

i'll be pissing myself by the time it's march

woo.
mostly worried about my mocks right now, since I'm one of the few people who haven't done them yet :tongue:
Reply 8
calm down kiddaas, GCSE's are piss
I started panicking from the beginning of yr 11 cos I knew the months would go by really quickly. I mean there are only 4 months left and it feels like I only just started yr 11 ahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by mxskaan
This year could either be the worst or the best year of my life. This all depends on my grades. Therefore, I feel very pressured at the minute.

That is quite frankly true. Let's hope it's the latter for us all!
Reply 11
Original post by homeland.lsw
For Christ's sake can someone go one day without reminding me that this is one the most important years of my life. And GCSEs are so ****ing important like without them the lord Cthulhu will devour my soul and condemn me to eternal pain and suffering.
Literally that's all my parents and teachers say these days.
That being said of course I'm aiming for those 11A*s
How I'm feeling eh?
I'm feeling exhausted, I wish they can just get them over with, so that I can do my ALevels so that I can go to uni, so that I can get a high paying job so that I can retire early. Buy a house in Montenegro and do **** all until I die.

Spoiler

I was bored :u: And I wish I could get 11A*s, but that's impossible since I'm doing nine GCSEs this year, having been unlucky to miss out on an A* in 2 of them last year. I'm hoping for 8A*s, since my dream is to go to Oxford to study physics. Looking on the bright side, I will no longer need to study useless subjects like English (no offence intended towards anyone :colondollar:) in 6 months' time; I can focus on my favourite subjects for A levels :smile: What A levels are you considering btw?
I was bored :u: And I wish I could get 11A*s, but that's impossible since I'm doing nine GCSEs this year, having been unlucky to miss out on an A* in 2 of them last year. I'm hoping for 8A*s, since my dream is to go to Oxford to study physics. Looking on the bright side, I will no longer need to study useless subjects like English (no offence intended towards anyone :colondollar:) in 6 months' time; I can focus on my favourite subjects for A levels :smile: What A levels are you considering btw?

Well, for some reason in my school further maths doesn't count as a GCSE, but we still take an exam in it?
I will be doing Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Maths possibly an enrichment Music course.
You'll be doing some like maths, further maths physics and?
Hey, I want to study physics too! I'm thinking of Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
Reply 14
Well, for some reason in my school further maths doesn't count as a GCSE, but we still take an exam in it?
I will be doing Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Maths possibly an enrichment Music course.
You'll be doing some like maths, further maths physics and?

And chemistry or computer science. May I ask, how did you know I was going to do maths further maths and physics?:eek: :h:
Reply 15
Wow, 4 months.
I'm feeling confident, i'm ready.
I'm going to start revision from the 11th and start slowly maybe doing 1-2 hrs a night then build up.
And chemistry or computer science. May I ask, how did you know I was going to do maths further maths and physics?:eek: :h:

Most universities require at least maths for Physics, as there is so much of it in the courses

Physics and maths are like baguette and brie, you need both!
Further maths is like the cracked black pepper, it's not necessary but at the same time it kind of is!

Spoiler

Reply 18
Physics and maths are like baguette and brie, you need both!
Further maths is like the cracked black pepper, it's not necessary but at the same time it kind of is!

Spoiler

So it really wasn't that hard :biggrin: What are you planning to do after Alevels (if you know)? Medicine by any chance?
Reply 19
Original post by ChildOfTheMist
Most universities require at least maths for Physics, as there is so much of it in the courses

That is right :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest