Had a lesbian crush when I was 18, not been attracted to a girl since. Am I straight?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Back when I was 18 I had my one and only crush on a girl at uni for about a year. I never acted on it as she soon got a boyfriend (who was really ugly btw). I've kissed about 4 girls between the age of 20 and 22 but I've never been sexually, or romantically attracted to one since and now I'm in my mid 20s. Would you say that I am straight? I certainly feel I am now.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
There probably aren't any girls that you are attracted to right now. When you do you will like her. So you're not straight, since you've experienced lesbian feelings before.
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Well it's very difficult to know as only you know your true feelings but if you're sexually and romantically attracted to guys and don't have these feelings for girls, I would guess that you're straight, maybe bicurious? At the end of the day don't feel forced to label yourself, love who you like
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Back when I was 18 I had my one and only crush on a girl at uni for about a year. I never acted on it as she soon got a boyfriend (who was really ugly btw). I've kissed about 4 girls between the age of 20 and 22 but I've never been sexually, or romantically attracted to one since and now I'm in my mid 20s. Would you say that I am straight? I certainly feel I am now.
I had similar feelings to you; you can get a crush on your own gender and as long as you aren't sexually attracted to them you aren't a lesbian I don't think. That being said; sexuality is on a continuum anyway. You are probably straight or slightly Bi
~TheCheshireCat~
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I don't think having a crush on someone of the same gender means you aren't straight. If you had an intimate relationship with them, that would be another matter of course but there's nothing wrong with a crush.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
There probably aren't any girls that you are attracted to right now. When you do you will like her. So you're not straight, since you've experienced lesbian feelings before.
Yeah exactly that's what I thought. Though I have 0 lesbian feelings now and I haven't for at least 6 years.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Blondie987)
Well it's very difficult to know as only you know your true feelings but if you're sexually and romantically attracted to guys and don't have these feelings for girls, I would guess that you're straight, maybe bicurious? At the end of the day don't feel forced to label yourself, love who you like
Yes it's possible that I was going through a bicurious phase, although I tend not to say that out aloud as it's not very politically correct and can offend some people. I now have absolutely 0 desire to be with a woman in any sexual or romantic way and could never envision a relationship with a woman whether casual, short term or long term.
Anonymous #1
Hmm that's interesting about sexuality being on a continuum I never thought about that.
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Don't worry about it that's the key thing. Tell people what they want to hear for their understanding of where you're at now which is heterosexual. Unless you're close enough with them that you'd chat openly about stuff like how you kissed a girl in the past then there's really no need to mention anything other than where you're at presently.
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yes it's possible that I was going through a bicurious phase, although I tend not to say that out aloud as it's not very politically correct and can offend some people. I now have absolutely 0 desire to be with a woman in any sexual or romantic way and could never envision a relationship with a woman whether casual, short term or long term.
Then I would say you're probably straight, I'm gay and yet growing up I was boy mad lol but now I don't look twice at guys so sexuality is confusing haha
Vaginal_Rights
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It was only a crush.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (124)
67.39%
No (39)
21.2%
I didn't use it to prepare (21)
11.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed