The Student Room Group

Can you go home after last exam

Hi, I've just looked at my timetable and it looks like my last exam is on the 25th April.

I've been reading around and some people are saying that you have to stay in university until the very end, (something to do with registration or something), looking online I believe that is sometime in June.

I am not a fan of doing that. For me, I would only want to stay for 2 weeks to tour around the south of England, e.g. London etc. I have no interest staying there until June.

My university of UEA, I don't know if that helps?
Original post by Frostyjoe
Hi, I've just looked at my timetable and it looks like my last exam is on the 25th April.

I've been reading around and some people are saying that you have to stay in university until the very end, (something to do with registration or something), looking online I believe that is sometime in June.

I am not a fan of doing that. For me, I would only want to stay for 2 weeks to tour around the south of England, e.g. London etc. I have no interest staying there until June.

My university of UEA, I don't know if that helps?

You can usually leave after your last exam, however exam timetables seldom come out this early. Are you sure this is the finalised exam timetable you are looking at? Or is it perhaps the one from 2015?
Reply 2
Yeah it says in my timetable/module description. It's just annoying because I have to book flights home in advance, the university never tells us things until the last minute.

Why are some people saying you need to be there for a registration? Is that at every university?
Original post by Frostyjoe
Yeah it says in my timetable/module description. It's just annoying because I have to book flights home in advance, the university never tells us things until the last minute.

Why are some people saying you need to be there for a registration? Is that at every university?

I've never heard of any registration stuff like this before.

I would recommend you check with someone from UEA to see if those dates in your timetable are accurate. The universities I've been to don't publish exam timetables until about a month before the exams.
Reply 4
This is the only thread that I could find.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1224092

Quick Reply

Latest