Sakura-Sama
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I'm doing Art GCSE, and for our final piece we have to paint on plastic sheets which overlap eachother to ultimately show a timeline of a certain topic. My theme is glass objects and I'm really stuck on what to do for my final piece? Any ideas? Much appreciated
batoot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
are you painting on acetate?
glass objects is such a difficult topic ugh
maybe you could take one object and show it moulding from liquid glass melty stuff from when it was being made to the solid form is it now? I think that has potential

+ what type of painting do you do? abstract, or realistic or...
Sakura-Sama
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by batoot)
are you painting on acetate?
glass objects is such a difficult topic ugh
maybe you could take one object and show it moulding from liquid glass melty stuff from when it was being made to the solid form is it now? I think that has potential

+ what type of painting do you do? abstract, or realistic or...
Yup acetate sheets.
it was either glass objects or a whole bunch of nature which everyone is doing; i wanna challenge myself , although I feel as if I've challenged myself too much -_-
Its my choice ultimately whether I want to do abstract or realistic, however I feel like abstract would be the most interesting. THE MOULDING IDEA IS SO AWESOME I LOVE THAT
batoot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Sama)
Yup acetate sheets.
it was either glass objects or a whole bunch of nature which everyone is doing; i wanna challenge myself , although I feel as if I've challenged myself too much -_-
Its my choice ultimately whether I want to do abstract or realistic, however I feel like abstract would be the most interesting. THE MOULDING IDEA IS SO AWESOME I LOVE THAT
haha it's okay my art teacher always said to challenge yourself, its difficult but its worth it , it's how you grow
I think you should do abstract as well, it will fit in better with the beginning stages especially
I'm glad that you like it, can u send me a pic after it's done? i love seeing art ^.^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.48%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.35%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.18%
I'm really nervous (49)
18.99%

Watched Threads