Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok prom in 2 weeks exactly.....and my dress is kinda tight around the thighs. and i'm NOT getting another one- this is the third one i've decided on! what am i gonna do?!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    ok prom in 2 weeks exactly.....and my dress is kinda tight around the thighs. and i'm NOT getting another one- this is the third one i've decided on! what am i gonna do?!!!!
    You could try Atkins for two weeks (my mates have got results, one's lost nearly a stone in that time!), or get it adjusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Wear it. I'm sure it will look beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Wear it. I'm sure it will look beautiful.
    ****, that should have been my line.

ReputationRep:
    a stone?!!! hm i dunno....thing is i lose weight everywhere else before my thighs....so id end up with no boobs no arms, no stomach, lol

i dunno ill try my best, have been tryin to keep my food intake dwn, and go t the gym etc its gettin better, just the damn thighs!

but hey im still lookin forward to my prom...has anyone else had theirs yet? it;s gonna be soooo good (emphatically claps hand like little child)

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand, youre wearing a dress, how can it be tight round the thighs?

ReputationRep:
    Forget that...silly me :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    well you've got a few options if ur not getting another one.

1.wear another dress
    2.somehow make u thighs thinner
    3.somehow make ur dress fatter
    4.wear a dress which is too tight around the thighs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    a stone?!!! hm i dunno....thing is i lose weight everywhere else before my thighs....so id end up with no boobs no arms, no stomach, lol

i dunno ill try my best, have been tryin to keep my food intake dwn, and go t the gym etc its gettin better, just the damn thighs!

but hey im still lookin forward to my prom...has anyone else had theirs yet? it;s gonna be soooo good (emphatically claps hand like little child)

yey me too!! (along with excessive hand clapping!!) cant WAIT to see everyone all dressed up!! and wear my dress!! i tried it onthe other day to make me feel better during revising..!!

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I can suggest is cutting your calorie intake by 500 a day, doing 40-60 minutes of cardio exercise...make sure its 6 small meals a day, I dunno if youll see results in 2 weeks though, and it sounds as if genetics have made the fat on your thighs stubborn as can be, so its abit hit and miss really..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    well you've got a few options if ur not getting another one.

1.wear another dress
    2.somehow make u thighs thinner
    3.somehow make ur dress fatter
    4.wear a dress which is too tight around the thighs

hahaha!! well summed up!

ReputationRep:
    get some scary thigh-squishing undies from M&S

How could you make your dress fatter? That could be easier than making your thighs thinner by the sounds of it....Ok i read that at it sounded really harsh, i didn't mean it that way!

Try developing your dress into a larger size with some clever sewing.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem in my last prom. I had a really clingy dress and so decided not to each much the week leading up to it. But then I went shopping the day before and got a new dress (which was much nicer and not clingy) and so I treated myself to a nice burger king!

Anyway, that story was completely pointless. Just wear the dress and try not to worry, I'm sure you'll look great!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh doodle doos I need to get my dress too :eek: Maybe I'll get my mum to make me one...... Get your dress adjusted by a dressmaker.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where i can rent a suit from in london? i know about moss bross but i dont like them

ReputationRep:
    hmm dunno if it can be adjusted it has reeeally narrow side seams, like 1.5 cm ones....at the most they could add another cm t each side which would help, but itd be reeallly tricky.

meh feck it ill just walk really carefully all night, and not sit down too much :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hmm dunno if it can be adjusted it has reeeally narrow side seams, like 1.5 cm ones....at the most they could add another cm t each side which would help, but itd be reeallly tricky.

meh feck it ill just walk really carefully all night, and not sit down too much :rolleyes:
    You could cut slits in the side for more "breathing space", could prove stylish too if not seductive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    The only thing I can suggest is cutting your calorie intake by 500 a day, doing 40-60 minutes of cardio exercise...make sure its 6 small meals a day, I dunno if youll see results in 2 weeks though, and it sounds as if genetics have made the fat on your thighs stubborn as can be, so its abit hit and miss really..

hmm, how does this sound for meals then:

breakfast- glass of semi skimmed, piece of wholemeal bread with low fat spread
    OR
    double scrambled egg plus OJ

11am- some kind of low cal bar- kellogs special k? and diet coke

1pm-ish- small quantity of rice and mixed veg, or maybe a bit of curry to go with it

4pm/5pm- bit of low fat cottage cheese? (i can eat random foods in a strange way) or grapes?

8/9pm- cod steak in parsely sauce with boiled veg/low fat cottage cheese

any other suggestions? i don't eat beef and i'm allergic to nuts...thats about it really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    hmm, how does this sound for meals then:

breakfast- glass of semi skimmed, piece of wholemeal bread with low fat spread
    OR
    double scrambled egg plus OJ

11am- some kind of low cal bar- kellogs special k? and diet coke

1pm-ish- small quantity of rice and mixed veg, or maybe a bit of curry to go with it

4pm/5pm- bit of low fat cottage cheese? (i can eat random foods in a strange way) or grapes?

8/9pm- cod steak in parsely sauce with boiled veg/low fat cottage cheese

any other suggestions? i don't eat beef and i'm allergic to nuts...thats about it really...
    Breakfast go for the eggs option, at 11am eat something else other than just a keloggs bar 1pm make sure its brown rice 4pm cottage cheese is fine, 8/9pm is fine, try and get it abit earlier though...maybe 7-8?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.