The Student Room Group

Can someone ease my worry??

I'm a huge worrier anyway and I probably don't need to be worrying about this at all! I'm on the pill, have been for 3 years, and I've only ever missed one and that was ages ago now. I decided to take two packs in a row because I just couldn't face having a period during New Years and having to deal with it when I wanted to have fun! So I've delayed my period, but previously before I took my second pack, I was really bloated and spotting quite a lot? I'm not spotting as much now, but it's still there a tiny bit. I've had sex with my boyfriend about 4 times in the past 3 weeks, and now I'm panicking that there's a chance I could be pregnant. We used a condom every time along with my pill, but I'm just wondering if there's any possibility that I could be? Or are these symptoms just typical of delaying a period? If my period has been delayed, does this mean my pill is working and I won't be pregnant? Thanks!
You won't be sure until you go for the pregnancy test
Reply 2
It's very very unlikely that you're pregnant if you used a condom too but if you're unsure, take a pregnancy test. I took 2 packs in a row of the pill once and it really messed me up too, I had spotting for about 3 weeks and it was awful. Since then, I didn't trust the pill and now have an implant. It didn't hurt at all and I don't have to think about pills, maybe it's something you should consider because most people don't get periods at all when taking the implant.

If you're needing to use condoms anyway when on the pill because you don't trust it, then maybe it's not the right type of contraception for you x
Reply 3
Original post by LC1996
It's very very unlikely that you're pregnant if you used a condom too but if you're unsure, take a pregnancy test. I took 2 packs in a row of the pill once and it really messed me up too, I had spotting for about 3 weeks and it was awful. Since then, I didn't trust the pill and now have an implant. It didn't hurt at all and I don't have to think about pills, maybe it's something you should consider because most people don't get periods at all when taking the implant.

If you're needing to use condoms anyway when on the pill because you don't trust it, then maybe it's not the right type of contraception for you x

Thankyou for your reply! Yeah, I'm the most paranoid person ever when it comes to this but I have considered the implant a couple of times. However I think I need to have periods just to give myself peace of mind every month!
Reply 4
Original post by CeeDixon
Thankyou for your reply! Yeah, I'm the most paranoid person ever when it comes to this but I have considered the implant a couple of times. However I think I need to have periods just to give myself peace of mind every month!

I know how you feel because I was the same! Paranoid + very forgetful wasn't a good combo :s-smilie: just whenever in doubt that something isn't working, use a condom and you'll be fine!!!
Original post by CeeDixon

Hey, like you I'm a big worrier about these things, my rule is pill + condoms every time but sometimes with small delays in when I take the pill or not putting on the condom immediately I get worried. My solution has been to buy a pack of pregnancy tests in bulk, and that way when doubt creeps in I take a test :P However you need to wait a few weeks until these tests are effective.
Reply 6
Original post by DreamByDay
Hey, like you I'm a big worrier about these things, my rule is pill + condoms every time but sometimes with small delays in when I take the pill or not putting on the condom immediately I get worried. My solution has been to buy a pack of pregnancy tests in bulk, and that way when doubt creeps in I take a test :P However you need to wait a few weeks until these tests are effective.

I very rarely take my pill late, it's normally at the same time every day as I have an alarm set on my phone! And I will never let him enter me without a condom on, I just can't do it and major anxiety creeps in! Don't think I'll ever get rid of my paranoia and anxiety about this!
Guys I know this is a little off topic but I'm on my period literally every single day

And lately I am in so much pain in my abdomen area

Is this normal? Do you know anyone who has this problem too?

(Oops had to re post this and I forgot to put it on anon haha :colondollar:)
Original post by Anonymous
Guys I know this is a little off topic but I'm on my period literally every single day

And lately I am in so much pain in my abdomen area

Is this normal? Do you know anyone who has this problem too?

(Oops had to re post this and I forgot to put it on anon haha :colondollar:)

Hello,

You really need to be talking to your GP about such concerns. It doesn't matter if it's 'normal' in general. For some women this might be completely normal, but if it's not normal for you and you're worried about it, go see your doctor next week.
Original post by sliceofcake
Hello,

You really need to be talking to your GP about such concerns. It doesn't matter if it's 'normal' in general. For some women this might be completely normal, but if it's not normal for you and you're worried about it, go see your doctor next week.

Hi, I've already seen a doctor and they haven't been much help. She said it could be a hormonal imbalance and I'm awaiting on some blood tests. But my general practise are pretty useless and don't take anything seriously. They like to brush things off and get the appointment "over with" already :/

But I wanted to know if other people have gone through the same and what their experiences have been. I've never had normal periods and I'm kinda worried, does this kinda thing affect fertility or something?
Hi, I've already seen a doctor and they haven't been much help. She said it could be a hormonal imbalance and I'm awaiting on some blood tests. But my general practise are pretty useless and don't take anything seriously. They like to brush things off and get the appointment "over with" already :/

But I wanted to know if other people have gone through the same and what their experiences have been. I've never had normal periods and I'm kinda worried, does this kinda thing affect fertility or something?

Do you use any sort of contraception and how long have you been having periods for?
Do you use any sort of contraception and how long have you been having periods for?

No I don't and well before my summer exams
Probably April :/
And only recently it hurts
No I don't and well before my summer exams
Probably April :/
And only recently it hurts

It usually takes about 12-18 months for your periods to regulate into a normal pattern when you first start. I had my first period at 13 and didn't have one again for about 6 months, then another and then a break.

As for the pain, I'd say definitely go and see your GP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending