Lost some tissue in my vagina! should I go to A & E?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I put about 2 sheets of tissue (balled up) into my panties, because I get discharge down there even when Im not on my period and didn't want to ruin my underwear. I then sat down (and my panties are pretty tight) so I lost the tissue up myself . It's definitely in there, there was nowhere else for it to go as I sat in the same place for ages. I know you should get tampons out but what about tissue? My period isn't due for 2 weeks so that can't flush it out.

It felt a bit sore last night, I tried looking on my own but no luck. I'm a virgin too so don't want to go too far. I called 111 and they got a doctor to call me, he wasn't very helpful though and said that I might want to go to A & E (my GP is closed). It's about an hour away.

I have a headache and slight temperature, but that might just be a cold and not toxic shock syndrome. I've had a cold recently but it seemed to have gone yesterday afternoon. I started feeling sick after I lost the tissue though.

no stupid comments pl0x!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I put about 2 sheets of tissue (balled up) into my panties, because I get discharge down there even when Im not on my period and didn't want to ruin my underwear. I then sat down (and my panties are pretty tight) so I lost the tissue up myself . It's definitely in there, there was nowhere else for it to go as I sat in the same place for ages. I know you should get tampons out but what about tissue? My period isn't due for 2 weeks so that can't flush it out.

It felt a bit sore last night, I tried looking on my own but no luck. I'm a virgin too so don't want to go too far. I called 111 and they got a doctor to call me, he wasn't very helpful though and said that I might want to go to A & E (my GP is closed). It's about an hour away.

I have a headache and slight temperature, but that might just be a cold and not toxic shock syndrome. I've had a cold recently but it seemed to have gone yesterday afternoon. I started feeling sick after I lost the tissue though.

no stupid comments pl0x!
Best bet is to go to A&E if you're having these symptoms, and if the doctor was not helpful as well. The title of the article made me LOL, not going to lie. Hope you're not a troll.
Lord Kitchener
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get down there seriously, if it goes septic you could die.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 123456789012)
Best bet is to go to A&E if you're having these symptoms, and if the GP is not helping as well. The title of the article made me LOL, not going to lie. Hope you're not a troll.
I wish I was trolling. Genuinely don't feel well. My GP is closed sadly.

Am I alright to go to A & E tomorrow? My parents are back so they can give me a lift. I literally live in the middle of nowhere so it's an hour away (countryside home)

(Original post by Lord Kitchener)
Get down there seriously, if it goes septic you could die.
Really? The doctor didn't seem very fussed about it when he called yesterday. I thought that tampons were bigger (I don't use them)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wish I was trolling. Genuinely don't feel well. My GP is closed sadly.

Am I alright to go to A & E tomorrow? My parents are back so they can give me a lift. I literally live in the middle of nowhere so it's an hour away (countryside home)

Really? The doctor didn't seem very fussed about it when he called yesterday. I thought that tampons were bigger (I don't use them)
Get there as soon as possible, otherwise the symptoms might get worse.
Anonymous #1
OK I'll head down there in a bit I think, gonna be a long journey though

Any doctors on right now? Helenia? Etomidate? Chief Wiggum?
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I legitimately laughed when I saw the title, sowwy

Yes, you should go to A&E

Posted from TSR Mobile
tcameron
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes go to A&E as soon as possible. Don't leave it any longer
As embarassing as you may think it is - the health professionals there see these type of things often

Next time, best not to put tissue there. Get a panty liner - they're like wafer thin period pads which can handle this type of thing
Banana00
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, go to A&E RIGHT NOW before anything gets worse.

It's clear you've already discovered putting tissue in your pants is not a good idea, but in future just use a pad or pantyliner.

However embarrassing explaining the situation to your parents or a doctor might be, the consequences of not getting it professionally checked out could be FAR worse. Please go to the doctor now!!
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
OK I'll head down there in a bit I think, gonna be a long journey though

Any doctors on right now? Helenia? Etomidate? Chief Wiggum?
Yes, but usually we don't respond to "summons" and can't give official medical advice on the internet.

Most likely it fell out of your pants and you didn't realise, but if you're concerned, go to A&E/walk in centre and get them to have a look. Make sure you tell them you're a virgin though, as they'll need to use a different speculum.
username1899909
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm afraid I laughed at the title and while reading this ...... Best thing go to the doctor .... before its gets any worse
Jenx301
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your vagina isn't never ending so it's hard to "lose" stuff up there. Try and squat down then stick your fingers in. If you are worried still then go to the hospital or a walk in centre

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Helenia)
Yes, but usually we don't respond to "summons" and can't give official medical advice on the internet.

Most likely it fell out of your pants and you didn't realise, but if you're concerned, go to A&E/walk in centre and get them to have a look. Make sure you tell them you're a virgin though, as they'll need to use a different speculum.
Sorry but I'm panicking! We live in the countryside too so it's actually quite a long journey to the nearest hospital

Do they have to use a speculum then? going to set off now but I want to know what to ask them
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Banana00)
Yes, go to A&E RIGHT NOW before anything gets worse.

It's clear you've already discovered putting tissue in your pants is not a good idea, but in future just use a pad or pantyliner.

However embarrassing explaining the situation to your parents or a doctor might be, the consequences of not getting it professionally checked out could be FAR worse. Please go to the doctor now!!
Yeah I usually do, I ran out during my last period though.

I'm going to head off now, long journey but I don't want to wait till my parents get back tomorrow
Abzz789
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just tell them what happened and that you are worried about infection.
But seriously, use liners, so many to chose from, some for specific underwear styles.
Some are so thin you don't even know you are wearing them.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry but I'm panicking! We live in the countryside too so it's actually quite a long journey to the nearest hospital

Do they have to use a speculum then? going to set off now but I want to know what to ask them
If they can't see on just looking at the outside, then yes, they will have to. You don't have to ask them much - just tell them what you think has happened and that you're a virgin.

And invest in some proper panty liners.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Helenia)
If they can't see on just looking at the outside, then yes, they will have to. You don't have to ask them much - just tell them what you think has happened and that you're a virgin.

And invest in some proper panty liners.
I thought they weren't supposed to use speculums on virgins because they could damage you? I am worried though so don't mind having one.

I usually have them, I ran out though because the shops nearby were closed for the holidays. Damn countryside villages
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

no stupid comments pl0x!
You should use liners when you're not on your period so that you won't need tissue. Anyway, if your discharge is that heavy that it goes through balled up tissue, something may be wrong down there.

Best bet is to go to A&E or a walk in clinic
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I thought they weren't supposed to use speculums on virgins because they could damage you? I am worried though so don't mind having one.

I usually have them, I ran out though because the shops nearby were closed for the holidays. Damn countryside villages
They have a special one for virgins. They're extremely unlikely to "damage you," but a normal sized one could be very uncomfortable.
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dont worry your vaginal tissue will grow back
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
14.94%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (99)
32.14%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.34%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (27)
8.77%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.52%
I think it's an unfair expectation (78)
25.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.97%

Watched Threads