harry42
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

Thought I would post a few tips on how to answer 8 mark questions at GCSE AQA A/B Geography

- Introduction - always state your case study as soon as possible. Describe the location briefly (e.g. Studland Bay - south England coast Dorset.) and mention any special features (e.g. WHS, NT, AONB, NP etc.)

- Always expand on points - don't just say - "It creates jobs." Say "It creates jobs which improves the lives of local people, reducing net migration in the area." This is CRUCIAL to get above 4 marks

- Facts and figures: E.g. Globalisation - China: Now <15% agricultural GDP. Home Market increases from £200 capita income in 2001 to £600 in 2014.
E.g. Tourism - Contribution to UK economy - Each 747 china 20 new jobs, £1 million to UK economy etc.

- Examples: Always back up your case study. E.g. Coasts - There is cliff collapse at places such as Aldborough due to groynes at Mappleton.

- Extra detail: Show off to the examiner. E.g. Kenya attractions - "Nice Scenery" improved to "Unique scenery such as the savannah grassland and Mount Kenya as well as the deep warm coral waters of the Indian Ocean."

- Key Words

-SPAG - 9 marks in the human paper!

- Keep to the question - look back at the end, have I answered it?

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (40)
22.86%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (85)
48.57%
I'm unsure (50)
28.57%

Watched Threads