The Student Room Group

I'm 24, about to have three teeth taken out for my braces.

Can some please assure me that this is a good idea? Basically, I do need braces, but unfortunately the treatment is going to involve having three of my ADULT teeth taken out (so they'll never come back) and even after the treatment I will have a permanent retainer/wiring behind my teeth. I feel like it's a big decision and it's depressing me somewhat. :sad:
Can you not get an alternative for braces instead? I will have to wear a permanent retainer too *sigh*.

What is the problem with your teeth?
Why was this not dealt with earlier?

You should absolutely go ahead with it, it's a no-brainer.

Gwen Stefani had braces at 30 and Tom Cruise and Nicolas Cage had braces at 40. It's not a big deal. The end-result will be more than worth it.

All the best. :smile:
Hi, I had 4 of my adult teeth taken out before getting my braces when I was 13. If your dentist/orthodontist believes that braces are necessary for you, then they most likely are. If your treatment is similar to mine, then your braces will move your teeth to fill the spaces left by the teeth to be removed, so you won't have gaps there forever. Try not to worry about the treatment, and remember to think about the end result (a nice smile!) :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Nick Clegg <3
Why was this not dealt with earlier?

It was, but I neglected my retainers and now it's back to how it was. :facepalm2:

Nick Clegg
You should absolutely go ahead with it, it's a no-brainer.

Gwen Stefani had braces at 30 and Tom Cruise and Nicolas Cage had braces at 40. It's not a big deal. The end-result will be more than worth it.

Did they have three teeth removed though? :holmes:

loveleest
What is the problem with your teeth?

They're in the process of transitioning from vertical to horizontal. :laugh:

Nick Clegg
All the best.

Thanks!
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi, I had 4 of my adult teeth taken out before getting my braces when I was 13. If your dentist/orthodontist believes that braces are necessary for you, then they most likely are. If your treatment is similar to mine, then your braces will move your teeth to fill the spaces left by the teeth to be removed, so you won't have gaps there forever. Try not to worry about the treatment, and remember to think about the end result (a nice smile!) :smile:

I'm considering setting up a Go Fund Me account so that I have the £2000 so that I can have braces when my mum wouldn't let me when I could have had it done for free when I was younger. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous

Did they have three teeth removed though? :holmes:
Gwen Stefani is the youngest of those 3 I named; she might ask you: are you 30 though? :holmes:

:tongue:
I've had adult teeth removed , its no big deal.

Quick Reply

Latest