The Student Room Group
Reply 1
chucky123
Ok i know this is really pathetic but i really need some impartial advice...
Theres this guy i met a few weeks ago who i like :smile: he says he likes me too but iv only known him for a few weeks and he wants a relationship... do you think this is way too soon? My mates say that it doesn't matter bcuz having a relationship means you get to know each other well (and plus we've met up loads and i know him pretty well (ish))

Im confused... :confused:

why dont you 'see each other' more relaxed
Reply 2
Yeah I think its better to go into the "seeing" stage before a proper relationship is reached. Get to know each other even more.
Reply 3
charlord
why dont you 'see each other' more relaxed

but when people "see each other" surely thats the same thing as having a relationship... you're still exclusive to each other and theres still some seriousness...
Reply 4
chucky123
Theres this guy i met a few weeks ago who i like :smile: he says he likes me too but iv only known him for a few weeks and he wants a relationship... do you think this is way too soon? My mates say that it doesn't matter bcuz having a relationship means you get to know each other well (and plus we've met up loads and i know him pretty well (ish))

hey don't take things too seriously, you can be close but that doesn't mean you have to be "in a relationship". cause whats the difference anyway? if you like him and he likes you and you two are spending enough time together, neither of you are gonna ask someone else are you?
chucky123
Theres this guy i met a few weeks ago who i like he says he likes me too but iv only known him for a few weeks and he wants a relationship... do you think this is way too soon? My mates say that it doesn't matter bcuz having a relationship means you get to know each other well (and plus we've met up loads and i know him pretty well (ish))

Sorry but what's the problem? You haven't known him long, as opposed to what? There's no rule saying you must know eachother for years before you can go out. Go for it.
Reply 6
Fly By
hey don't take things too seriously, you can be close but that doesn't mean you have to be "in a relationship". cause whats the difference anyway? if you like him and he likes you and you two are spending enough time together, neither of you are gonna ask someone else are you?

hmm the thing is that he's asked me out... i said we should be friends for a while but hes still quite intense... its like we're having a relationship but not officially if that makes sense... do you think if i said "yes" to being his gf its v serious or do some people see that as just another way of getting to know someone?
Reply 7
What the hell do you mean? "He wants a relationship"? That's one of the most retarded things anyone's ever said. You're just using ambiguity to prevent yourself from having to make a decision.
Reply 8
Zapsta
What the hell do you mean? "He wants a relationship"? That's one of the most retarded things anyone's ever said. You're just using ambiguity to prevent yourself from having to make a decision.

How is "he wants a relationship" ambiguous??! Id say it was a pretty straight forward sentence...
Reply 9
chucky123
How is "he wants a relationship" ambiguous??! Id say it was a pretty straight forward sentence...

No, it's not.
Reply 10
Zapsta
No, it's not.

no its not ambiguous or no its not straight forward... explain! :smile:
Reply 11
chucky123
no its not ambiguous or no its not straight forward... explain! :smile:

It's not straight foward - "a relationship" can mean so many different things.
Reply 12
Zapsta
It's not straight foward - "a relationship" can mean so many different things.

yea but in the context of what im saying i thought it was self explanitory that when i say "relationship" i meant gf/bf
Reply 13
chucky123
yea but in the context of what im saying i thought it was self explanitory that when i say "relationship" i meant gf/bf

Yeah... thanks for your help.
Reply 14
Zapsta
Yeah... thanks for your help.

lol im even more confused now then when i started :tongue:
Reply 15
It's really not a confusing situation. If you want a relationship, go for it. If not, don't.
ZJuwelH
It's really not a confusing situation. If you want a relationship, go for it. If not, don't.

and he really like you he will be ok with you saying that you want to keep it informal
Reply 17
yea thanks guys i think im gonna go for it! :biggrin: sorry for posting such an irritating thread though :tongue: x x
Reply 18
chucky123

i started going out with my boyfriend 6 days after meeting him, after meeting up twice. we'll have been going out a year next week :smile:

my boyfriend before that was my best friend before we went out and it was cool because we already got on, but my current relationship has had an extra edge becuse we've been getting to know each other all the time. we just knew it was right and both got on and haven't looked back really, and he's been at uni this year, 150 miles away!

i'd say go for it, what have you got to lose? you'll get to know him better when you go out and it'll be exciting for both of you, and fun! good luck!
allisandro
i started going out with my boyfriend 6 days after meeting him, after meeting up twice. we'll have been going out a year next week :smile:QUOTE]

I've got the same sort of think. I met the girl i'm goin out with now a month ago and we've been seein each other for 3 weeks. Sometimes it's just like that, you've just met someone and it just clicks, even though you don't know that much about each other. I think it's more fun like that, i like surprises, pleasant ones of course. I like exploring too.

Latest

Trending

Trending