The Student Room Group

first GCSE mock on tuesday please help!

okay, so i didnt really plan out my revision that well and ended up not achieving much revision. however i do believe i put the hours in as i did about 4 hours a day starting two weeks ago but revision took far long as im a slow worker and used different colours and tried to make it all pretty and stuff. i have sunday and monday to revise for 11 mock exams. i have only finished making notes on biology (not completely learned, just noted) and i need to revise for geography, chemistry, physics, maths, history and RS (leaving out the others). i need some incredibly good advice on how i can achieve revisin these subjects before tuesday (even it is rushed notes or whatever ) and i understand that for my actual gcses i will have to prep a lot better. please help! thanks
You can either skim over everything, or focus on your weakest subjects. The quickest way to learn stuff is to read, test and correct yourself. So read over the notes/ a revision guide, then cover the page and test how much you've remembered. Then go back over it again later on. Write down the things you find hardest to remember, read those things more frequently.
Reply 2
shudda revised :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by Skrinetix
okay, so i didnt really plan out my revision that well and ended up not achieving much revision. however i do believe i put the hours in as i did about 4 hours a day starting two weeks ago but revision took far long as im a slow worker and used different colours and tried to make it all pretty and stuff. i have sunday and monday to revise for 11 mock exams. i have only finished making notes on biology (not completely learned, just noted) and i need to revise for geography, chemistry, physics, maths, history and RS (leaving out the others). i need some incredibly good advice on how i can achieve revisin these subjects before tuesday (even it is rushed notes or whatever ) and i understand that for my actual gcses i will have to prep a lot better. please help! thanks

Stop complaining, you'e had sooooo long to revise, you chose to leave it until the last minute, just use BBC Bitesize.

Okay first of all, CALM DOWN. These are mock exams not the real thing. I struggled to keep on top with revision (I had 19 exams!!!) but admittingly tried not to leave it to the last minute. But you've learnt your lesson about leaving it til the last minute so now you'll know to revise more when it comes to the real exams.
They have mocks there so that if you completely muck them up it doesn't matter this time round and you can see where you went wrong, what you need to revise and what you don't.
If you struggle to know what to revise for, my advice would be decide the subjects/ exams that are most important to you or the ones you want to definitely do well in (try and aim for 4 or 5) and revise for those the most. Still revise for the others of course, don't just stop trying but focus on those 4 or 5 the most.
I wasn't overly bothered about maths- I didn't like it, I didn't particularly need it for what I wanted to do so long as I got a C I was happy. In the mocks, I got a B in GCSE maths and a U in further maths. In the real thing, I got a B in GCSE maths and a C in further maths. My point being, just revise what you can and do your best but don't burn yourself out because exams are just a grade, a letter. Yes they can predict your future but if you get at least a C in all your exams, you've passed them.

Hope that helps?

LOL....your best bet is to scan through the topics youu treated in class ...just the topics...so that atleast no questions will look strange to you...

You have no time to read thoroughly or even sparingly...

Do this in just one day. Sunday.

And starting from Monday, develop a strict culture of spending at least 4hrs in the evening to go through your CA and assignments solutions for the next exam.

This is the only way to "not kill" yourself before the major GCSE exam.

But as for the major GCSE exam...you dare not be unprepared...MCDonalds can wait...my maths channel on youtube may be useful for your maths syllabus revision: online slayer

Quick Reply

Latest