domenicomarco
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I am Italian and I live in the United Kingdom. Today I have received my IELTS result: 6.5. I am unsure about my choice between Law and Music, two completely different subjects but both interesting to me still. I don't know what would be my "A-level" correspondent, my "Esame di Stato" result is: 70. Can you give me any advice regarding courses or universities who can accept my grades? I am obviously talking about law courses - as the title say - being aware that music would definitely be more flexible, not being an academic subject.

Thank you for your time.
FionaMG
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by domenicomarco)
Hi everyone,

I am Italian and I live in the United Kingdom. Today I have received my IELTS result: 6.5. I am unsure about my choice between Law and Music, two completely different subjects but both interesting to me still. I don't know what would be my "A-level" correspondent, my "Esame di Stato" result is: 70. Can you give me any advice regarding courses or universities who can accept my grades? I am obviously talking about law courses - as the title say - being aware that music would definitely be more flexible, not being an academic subject.

Thank you for your time.
Hi,

Law is a very competitive course so I think with your Esame di Stato result of 70 you might need to look at doing a course with a foundation year. Is that something you would consider? Courses with a foundation year are generally intended for UK applicants returning to education after a break of several years or for overseas applicants whose qualifications are not quite high enough for entry into the normal first year of an undergraduate course.

I know, for example, that the University of Essex has a four-year law course that includes a foundation year. Their requirement for the Italian Esame di Stato is 60% overall and IELTS 5.5, so you definitely have the grades for that.

But this is just one example; you can use the UCAS search engine to find others. If you put "law foundation" in the space for course, and then, once it shows the results, choose "undergraduate degree" from the filters on the left, you will find a list of universities that offer law courses with an included foundation year. You can then check on each university's website exactly what their requirements are. If there are any that you are very interested in but which don't state their exact requirements on their website, then email them and ask.

If you go down this road, it's very important that you choose a degree with an included foundation year. This is because of student finance. If your foundation year is included in your course you will be eligible for student finance for the whole four years. If the foundation year is separate, you might then not be eligible for further finance.

I hope this helps.
Good luck.
Echo Factory
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by domenicomarco)
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your time.
Hi,

You sound like just then student we are looking for!

Make sure you check out our Music Degrees at: http://www.echofactory.co.uk/overview/

We offer a BA (HONS) Music Business (UCAS CODE: W375) I think this degree could really work for you. Have you ever thought about law in music? Licensing laws and copyright to music? There is a huge scope for a successful career in this! (please call us to discuss)

Our courses are designed to give you real-life music industry experience and insight and are based around the concept of 360 degree knowledge.

Based in the buzzing, vibrant city of Leicester, if your wanting to pursue a career in music or open your eyes to business related career options, whatever the role may be, you should definitely check out our courses.

Make sure you check us out and pick up the phone for a chat! 0116 253 5657 or email us on [email protected]

Speak soon,

Taylor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.08%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.92%

Watched Threads