The Student Room Group

'Conservative' MP: 'gender is never relevant.'

Guess what this means? Gender neutral toilets everyone! http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/02/conservative-mp-says-gender-irrelevant-calls-removal-passports-driving-licences/

Like I say, people can - and will - moralise anything these days.

A Conservative Party Member of Parliament has called for gender information to be stripped from legal documents including driving licenses and passports, claiming the category to be “not relevant”.

As chair of the British Parliament’s Transgender Equalities Inquiry, Maria Miller is taking a leading role in championing transgenderism in the UK, promising “radical” recommendations from the inquiry.In an astonishingly candid interview with the Times, Ms. Miller details what a world designed around the needs of transgendered people would look like.

“As a society and a government we should be looking at ways of trying to strip back talking about gender, and only do that when it’s absolutely necessary,” she argues. “We need to understand that gender stereotyping can be as damaging for men as it can be for women,” she says.

"That means male and female tick boxes on official documents and job applications would be scrapped, and even passports and driving licences should not include a gender category.

“For individuals who have decided to transition but haven’t necessarily got the right documentation, it can cause problems. Why do we need gender on our driving licence? Why do we have to have it on our passport if it doesn’t really add to identification? It’s not relevant. Australia has decided to degender their passports.”
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

(Yet when Muslims held gender segregated conference, you attacked them)
Original post by Johann von Gauss

Em, 1. The Qur'an deems women are worth half the value of men. 2. What do you think I'm doing here? Praising her?
tbh, why not?
the only time it's really needed is on an NHS form
I really don't see the problem... gender is irrelevant, except in specific circumstances like sex-specific medicine.
Reply 5

Why do the left preach an equal society but attend gender segregated conferences? I am dying from all the contradictions.

Why can't we have an equal conference?
Original post by defenestrated
tbh, why not?

PRSOM
Reply 7
And this is a Conservative ..

Do social conservatives even exist anymore in the UK ?
(edited 8 years ago)
1. This thread isn't about the Quran
2. I didn't bother reading your OP (more of your principle > identity nonsense probably)

Aside from my point, I like your logic though.

Apparently, it's precisely the same thing segregating men and women to appeal to a particular religion (a religion which deems women are worth half the value of men) at a political event as it is segregating men and women because women and men have a biological inclination to find each other attractive and in bathrooms women drop their pants and men pull out their dicks.

Yet, that's the same thing.
Reply 9
In other news, a live feed from the OP's webcam:

Original post by Gears265
Why do the left preach an equal society but attend gender segregated conferences. I am dying from all the contradictions.

Why can't we have an equal conference?

Left =/= agreeing with every single thing that some people on the left do

Like I said to someone the other day, i'm a member of the Labour party, but that doesn't mean I agree with every single thing it does, including gender-segregated conferences...
tbh, why not?

Gender should never matter, even then. If people want a true equal society we need to remember women and men are the same in all respects.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
Left =/= agreeing with every single thing that some people on the left do

Like I said to someone the other day, i'm a member of the Labour party, but that doesn't mean I agree with every single thing it does, including gender-segregated conferences...

So you support abolishing gender segregated conferences?
Great news, the Tories doing something right for a change.

Edit: Further reading of this article, she really shouldn't be against the NHS using gender. There are some things necessary for people born of a certain biological gender and it could lead to GPs just guessing what gender their patient is to proceed.
(edited 8 years ago)
So you support abolishing gender segregated conferences?

I do indeed :smile:
Gender should never matter, even then. If people want a true equal society we need to remember women and men are the same in all respects.

they're different, biologically, and that means they're susceptible to different diseases

Come on, it should be obvious why it's needed on an NHS form :tongue:
they're different, biologically, and that means they're susceptible to different diseases

So you are saying men are stronger than women...biologically? That is not really the definition of an equal society. Women are just as strong as men.
tbh, why not?

So, we're going to share a communal bathroom? Surely toilets within the bathroom are segregated - surely, for that matter, enclosing yourself away in a cubicle is segregation from everyone in the bathroom?

You should pull down your pants and let men watch you pee; we'll pull out our dicks and you can watch us pee.

Then, once we're done, we can all take our clothes off and have an orgy. Perfect.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
Come on, it should be obvious why it's needed on an NHS form :tongue:

A database for women and database for men separate from one another is just as bad as a segregated conference. True equality means equal in all aspects of life.

Latest

Trending

Trending