The Student Room Group

English lit, geography, history

I can't find anyone who has done these a levels together. I am thinking of doing English lit, geography and history for a levels. I am not really interested in maths or science subjects and I do not know what degree I want to do (maybe journalism/ law). Do these a levels keep my options open or should I try to throw in a science subject?
Do the subjects that you enjoy . The thing is - is there not an option of doing a fourth as level ?
Reply 2
If you don't want to do a science subject at A-level, you probably won't want to do a degree in one so you're not really closing off any options relevant to you by not taking a STEM subject.

English lit and history are the most highly regarded subjects for writing essays and I think they're the best combination for law. Taking geography and history would also prepare you really well for doing a humanity (I.e. History or a specific history course).

Are you planning on taking/have you already taken an AS level?
Reply 3
I did these A Levels and I am now doing geography at uni. I found that they worked really well together and would sure suggest doing those three together. They do keep your options open unless you later drastically change your mind and decide to go for a science at uni then you are stuck but by sounds of things that seems unlikely.
Do the subjects that you enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest