Is Spotify worth going premium? Watch

TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I downloaded the app, and the play music offline feature sounds really good.

I already pay £9.99 a month for my kindle books thing (WHICH IS NOT WORTH IT!!!) so I'm thinking of cancelling that and swapping (actually I'm cancelling it anyway...) but is it really worth it? or a waste of money? orrr is there some way of getting around that "offline" feature

Actually kindle unlimited is £7.99.... such a waste smh.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it's worth it, yes. Much cheaper for me to pay £9.99 per month for unlimited music than paying for CDs or downloading music from other places. Plus, if I don't like an album, I've not wasted money on it. I can just delete and download another album.
ArcticSlayer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)

I already pay £9.99 a month for my kindle books thing (WHICH IS NOT WORTH IT!!!) so I'm thinking of cancelling that and swapping (actually I'm cancelling it anyway...) but is it really worth it? or a waste of money? orrr is there some way of getting around that "offline" feature
I would never pay that much for it. I got premium for 99p for 3 months which is great, the offline feature is very handy when you're away from home. The deal was for new customers.
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 3 years ago

Actually kindle unlimited is £7.99.... such a waste smh.
You can get four months' worth of Spotify Premium for essentially nothing so you could try it out for yourself and see how you find it. Basically, everybody can get a month-long free trial, and after that (assuming they don't end it by then), you can sign up to a cancel-anytime deal which gets you Premium for three months for £0.99 (i.e. £0.33/month) -- essentially nothing, as I said.
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
just go on youtube, copy and paste the video onto an online mp3 converter website. transfer it to your music player.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i use Spotify for free. you just get moronic adverts every 20 minutes is all.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArcticSlayer)
I would never pay that much for it. I got premium for 99p for 3 months which is great, the offline feature is very handy when you're away from home. The deal was for new customers.
No way!

I wouldn't pay that much either tbh, that is why I'm asking. Also I am cancelling my Kindle subscription so I could afford it...butttt it's whether it's worth it or not.
Kholmes1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can get it for free.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by ihatePE)
just go on youtube, copy and paste the video onto an online mp3 converter website. transfer it to your music player.
This has been my life for years....:o:

It is terrible quality. Until I found sound cloud but that doesn't work offline either.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon17)
You're funny. I don't pay anything.
(Original post by Kholmes1)
I can get it for free.
How, offline as well?
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hydeman)
You can get four months' worth of Spotify Premium for essentially nothing so you could try it out for yourself and see how you find it. Basically, everybody can get a month-long free trial, and after that (assuming they don't end it by then), you can sign up to a cancel-anytime deal which gets you Premium for three months for £0.99 (i.e. £0.33/month) -- essentially nothing, as I said.
After the month long free trail? REALLY?!
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This has been my life for years....:o:#

It is terrible quality. Until I found sound cloud but that doesn't work offline either.
I see, for me i can't really tell the difference between good quality or bad unless it's REALLY REALLY obvious, so it works for me lol
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've used premium for about 1.5 years and I think it's worth it, the offline mode is insanely handy IMO and no ads is a godsend.

Even without all those 99p deals etc. I think if you're a university student you can get premium @ £4.99 a month and some phone contracts include spotify with them.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by ihatePE)
I see, for me i can't really tell the difference between good quality or bad unless it's REALLY REALLY obvious, so it works for me lol
Lol I never realised until I heard really good quality. Then I felt like a peasant for using mp3 converter for so long XD
ArcticSlayer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No way!

I wouldn't pay that much either tbh, that is why I'm asking. Also I am cancelling my Kindle subscription so I could afford it...butttt it's whether it's worth it or not.
It may be worth it, if you got a discount. I'm pretty certain that students can get it for £5 a month (if you've got an NUS or unidays card). I wouldn't bother with that route because I don't want to pay £12 or whatever for a NUS card when a student card is sufficient for discounts nowadays.. at least for me.

And to be honest, I've got premium but I mostly use Spotify on my computer, where the free version is good enough. On my phone, I tend to just use SoundCloud or YouTube.
thecatwithnohat
Report 3 years ago
Ahhhhhhhh man you missed the offer - 3 months of premium for 99p :lol:
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
It may be worth it, if you got a discount. I'm pretty certain that students can get it for £5 a month (if you've got an NUS or unidays card). I wouldn't bother with that route because I don't want to pay £12 or whatever for a NUS card when a student card is sufficient for discounts nowadays.. at least for me.

And to be honest, I've got premium but I mostly use Spotify on my computer, where the free version is good enough. On my phone, I tend to just use SoundCloud or YouTube.
true, true
Do you pay full for premium or not?

Hm...I'm not sure I think I'm going to go for a walk, come back and then decide. XD
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
Ahhhhhhhh man you missed the offer - 3 months of premium for 99p :lol:
When was this?
ArcticSlayer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
true, true
Do you pay full for premium or not?

Hm...I'm not sure I think I'm going to go for a walk, come back and then decide. XD
No, just 99p or free trials. I've think I've made like 5 free trials lol.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
No, just 99p or free trials. I've think I've made like 5 free trials lol.
Can I still do this? Or no?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (164)
17.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (82)
8.72%
No I am happy with my course choice (560)
59.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (134)
14.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed