Stressss :( Watch

mygcserevision
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So basically I'm doing triple science- AQA
ive done core already and during these holidays wrote up my notes for b2 and c2.. but Ive still got the whole of p2 left and when I go back to school and start learning p3 its all going to build up. Ive been holding p2 off because I know its going to take a long time and now that the 2 weeks holidays are over I'm worried about how I'm going to complete my notes for it. Ive wasted two weeks. p2 is 6 chapters long. It takes me a whole day non stop just for 2 max chapters of any science so how am I GOING TO START WITH 6 chapters of physics? I don't even know where to start and I'm getting stressed just thinking about it. I cant start it today because Ive got a geog mock tomorrow and too much homework but how should I manage my time and try to keep on top of it because I cant even start p3 notes until ive done p2 notes (as I don't know how much space to leave out). How long do you think it'll take me to complete if I do like 30mins a day?( after school) Urghhh could someone please tell me what do you think I should do. Any help I feel so behind on it.
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
Calm down take a breather.
Write a list of all the topics and subtopics you need to do for P2. Then look at it and start with the ones you struggle the most with first and work your way through like that.

Do at least a chapter of physics now, it shouldn't take you too long as physics is much more straightforward (imo) than the others so you'll find it shouldn't take too long.

Then revise for your geography exam tomorrow, going through your notes and going through key terms and case studies (and past papers if you can, especially on the longer questions to make more use of your limited time).
mygcserevision
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thankyouu but Ive actually got soo much homework and haven't learnt anything by heart for geog.
So ill do that first and then physics if theres time. The thing is I want it to be in order in my notebook so I cant even start with the hardest as I don't know how much space to leave it. but thankyouuu I think I just needed someone to tell me that it wont take that long. If I do half an hour of physics a day after school how long do you think it'll take me to finish all 6 chapters- bearing in mind I do everything really slowly and make it colourful. And do you think I should start writing it up after my mocks? Ive got to do other subjects revision notes too
urgh 2 weeks went so fast and I feel like I just wasted it.
(Original post by aamirac)
Calm down take a breather.

Write a list of all the topics and subtopics you need to do for P2. Then look at it and start with the ones you struggle the most with first and work your way through like that.

Do at least a chapter of physics now, it shouldn't take you too long as physics is much more straightforward (imo) than the others so you'll find it shouldn't take too long.

Then revise for your geography exam tomorrow, going through your notes and going through key terms and case studies (and past papers if you can, especially on the longer questions to make more use of your limited time).
Laurasaur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mygcserevision)
So basically I'm doing triple science- AQA
ive done core already and during these holidays wrote up my notes for b2 and c2.. but Ive still got the whole of p2 left and when I go back to school and start learning p3 its all going to build up. Ive been holding p2 off because I know its going to take a long time and now that the 2 weeks holidays are over I'm worried about how I'm going to complete my notes for it. Ive wasted two weeks. p2 is 6 chapters long. It takes me a whole day non stop just for 2 max chapters of any science so how am I GOING TO START WITH 6 chapters of physics? I don't even know where to start and I'm getting stressed just thinking about it. I cant start it today because Ive got a geog mock tomorrow and too much homework but how should I manage my time and try to keep on top of it because I cant even start p3 notes until ive done p2 notes (as I don't know how much space to leave out). How long do you think it'll take me to complete if I do like 30mins a day?( after school) Urghhh could someone please tell me what do you think I should do. Any help I feel so behind on it.
Pages 20 to 35 for p2 http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...YS-W-SP-14.PDF
These are the facts you need to know, it could take between 2-5 hours to write all of the 97 points down and understand them - you could do it in a day. Focus on revising for your geography mock now though
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mygcserevision)
Thankyouu but Ive actually got soo much homework and haven't learnt anything by heart for geog.
So ill do that first and then physics if theres time. The thing is I want it to be in order in my notebook so I cant even start with the hardest as I don't know how much space to leave it. but thankyouuu I think I just needed someone to tell me that it wont take that long. If I do half an hour of physics a day after school how long do you think it'll take me to finish all 6 chapters- bearing in mind I do everything really slowly and make it colourful. And do you think I should start writing it up after my mocks? Ive got to do other subjects revision notes too
urgh 2 weeks went so fast and I feel like I just wasted it.
Get started on geography now if that's the case!

Oh I see, when I did geography I used an arch binder to put everything in.

But physics is mostly diagrams and formulas so that should be sufficient amount of time.

I'd say that it might be best to make revision notes on what's coming up in the mocks and then once they've finished keep the momentum going and make notes as you go along each day instead of all in one go.
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dont worry I haven't started my p2 or p3 yet but there is still time and im not worried
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.13%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.71%

Watched Threads