The Student Room Group

What antivirus software do you use?

Paid / free, what do you use?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

My brain.
Reply 2
I use Avast. I haven't used paid software like Norton for years. Never had a problem with Avast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bitdefender. In my experience, the most useful antivirus is a bit of common sense!
Reply 4
Windows 10 and malwarebytes. That's all you need if you have some common sense.
Reply 5
Avast
Reply 6
Between Windows Defender and the AdBlock extension on Chrome, I've never had a single problem on this PC.
Reply 7
I use Kaspersky, got a 30 day trial thing going which I just reset at the end of the time :biggrin:
Moved to Technology and Computers, please ensure you post in the right section :yy:
have installed cryptoprevent....

https://www.foolish it.com/cryptoprevent-malware-prevention/

you need to close the gap between the h and the i :wink:
OS X user so haven't needed one in 7 years

/startflamewar :mwuaha:
Avast. It's been years and I've yet to find one that's better.

Yet to have a virus it hasn't blocked, as well. :biggrin:
Emsisoft (free give away last year), but ESET, Kaspersky and Norton are the other best choices.

Windows Defender is another great choice (Microsoft has improved it a lot now) as well as Avira and Qihoo (best free option IMO).

Used to be an avast and AVG user but their recent versions have turned into bloated software with performance issues and mediocre protection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AVG. Seem to be in the minority here

Posted from TSR Mobile
avg (paid) antivirus

don't use norton or macfee, they slow your computer down!
MSE and Malwarebytes
Avast. The free version does the job.
Just windows defender for me
Original post by davidguettafan
Paid / free, what do you use?

Posted from TSR Mobile

None - unless you wish to slow down your PC and medal with your existing apps in interesting, exciting and unintended ways. Windows 10 is probably one of the most secure OSs these days. It is the people using them that generally facilitate fraud or trojan horses to be installed. No anti virus can prevent that.
McAfee Livesafe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending