What is your favorite foundations ?

Watch
folieadeux
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Rimmel Match Perfection rarely lets me down. It's -slightly- too dark for my ghostly-pale skin in the winter months, but it's not noticeable. It can be a bit clingy on dry skin, but as long as you moisturise it shoud be alright. One £7 bottle lasts me about 6 or 7 months with almost everyday use, so I'm not complaining! My only fault with it is that it can transfer and start to get a bit patchy after several hours, but it's enough to get me through the school day.
HattieXO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, I'm a new fan of No.7 Beautifully matte (I bought it last week but it has not let me down yet!) It stays matte for the entire day, and has a really good even coverage. However, it's price tag for a foundation you can buy from boots is a little pricier than average, it's around £14. However a more affordable foundation I love is L'oreal Colour match! I found the colour match to be almost perfect to my skin tone, however it does have the tendency to wear off through out the day and go a little patchy. (Nothing that can't be fixed with a quick brush of powder!) It is about £9.

These are my two go-to foundations that I'd recommend any day!
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by folieadeux)
Rimmel Match Perfection rarely lets me down. It's -slightly- too dark for my ghostly-pale skin in the winter months, but it's not noticeable. It can be a bit clingy on dry skin, but as long as you moisturise it shoud be alright. One £7 bottle lasts me about 6 or 7 months with almost everyday use, so I'm not complaining! My only fault with it is that it can transfer and start to get a bit patchy after several hours, but it's enough to get me through the school day.
If it is too dark for you then the body shop recently released lightening foundation drops (only £10, much cheaper than other versions out there) that should be compatible with rimmel match perfection as they have a similar consistency. Plus if you use rimmel because it's the only foundation light enough then if you do decide to purchase the lightening drops it could open up other foundation options for you.

Just a thought anyway, since no one seems to have heard of the stuff thought I'd spread the knowledge

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/make-up...ng-drops.aspx#
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Missha Signature BB cream #13 milky beige.
My skin just likes it, it's the right shade and it actually seems to improve my skin too.
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage foundation is my to go for more full coverage.
Gorgio Armani Lumious Silk is my day to day foundation though.
I like Smashbox BB water or Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for lighter coverage.
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sleek, MUA, Mac and Revolution. Mostly the first though
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm using Nars Sheer Glow right now. It's quite nice because it's feels really light on my skin, and seems to last a while.
Twinpeaks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SophieSmall)
If it is too dark for you then the body shop recently released lightening foundation drops (only £10, much cheaper than other versions out there) that should be compatible with rimmel match perfection as they have a similar consistency. Plus if you use rimmel because it's the only foundation light enough then if you do decide to purchase the lightening drops it could open up other foundation options for you.

Just a thought anyway, since no one seems to have heard of the stuff thought I'd spread the knowledge

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/make-up...ng-drops.aspx#

Very interesting!! I'll definitely be keeping that in mind. Although right now my foundation is definitely pale enough (Siberia 🙈).
Twinpeaks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Goaded)
Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage foundation is my to go for more full coverage.
Gorgio Armani Lumious Silk is my day to day foundation though.
I like Smashbox BB water or Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for lighter coverage.
Dayum girl! I've heard good things about that Amazonian Clay.
tinkerbell_xxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I want expensive foundations :cry:

Currently I love loreal true match (the old formula- the new one in my shade is very different in texture and wear), max factor miracle match and I recently got one called Maybelline affinitone which is amazing. I've never seen it sold in boots/superdrug though.

The loreal infallible matte foundation is pretty good as well when my skin isn't too dry
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Twinpeaks)
Very interesting!! I'll definitely be keeping that in mind. Although right now my foundation is definitely pale enough (Siberia 🙈).
Siberia? Is that the brand?

ahah, yeah. It would have been a god send for me literally last year around this time when I finally admitted to myself my foundation was too dark for me and it actually was noticeable so I probably looked quite silly.

I searched for aaaages, for a foundation light enough that was affordable. Only things I could find were high end foundations that had a white foundation option but they were like £30+ which I could not risk buying in case I didn't like it. I ended up buying a white foundation mixer from keromask which is a makeup company for people with birthmarks and stuff like that, it was pretty cheap and it improved coverage but it also was quite thick and so my skin couldn't breath and sometimes my makeup would look quite cakey. Eventually found the bb cream I wear now, which is from korea and it's a perfect match ehehe I'll be crying if they ever stop sending it over here haha
AthiaKarim
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello flawless by Benefit is bloody amazing!
I recommended it to two people and they instantly fell in love!
arrowlbra
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DebbieRodriguez)
I always use Makeup Forever HD, works extremely well in my case. What is your go-to foundations ? Share it here, eager to know
my faves in order : Chanel Vitalumiere, Mac Pro long wear, Nars sheer glow, Estée Lauder double wear , Koh gen doh Aqua foundation

best is the Chanel by far ... really light weight but the coverage is amazing ... bit pricey tho
Goaded
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Amazonian clay is beautiful. Both the liquid and powder types. I want more tarte stuff :-(

My make up addiciton is unhealthy. If you can afford luminous silk, deffo get it lmao.

You like Nars sheer glow? I didn't get on with it. I have dry skin as well. I found sheer matte better, their all day luminous weightless one is fab though. My skin is too pink for siberia, too yellow for mont blanc, too pink for gobi and too pale for deauville. It's so stressful!! Ah. I love nars though. So I'll continue to use it.

P.S an alternative (and better, although more expensive. I have both) to the body shop lightening/darkening drops is the Cover FX custom Drops. LAAAAV IT (it can customise the coverage as well, and helps to even out the bad undertones in foundations because every brand seems too assume you're either stark yellow or almost red undertoned)
Twinpeaks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SophieSmall)
Siberia? Is that the brand?

ahah, yeah. It would have been a god send for me literally last year around this time when I finally admitted to myself my foundation was too dark for me and it actually was noticeable so I probably looked quite silly.

I searched for aaaages, for a foundation light enough that was affordable. Only things I could find were high end foundations that had a white foundation option but they were like £30+ which I could not risk buying in case I didn't like it. I ended up buying a white foundation mixer from keromask which is a makeup company for people with birthmarks and stuff like that, it was pretty cheap and it improved coverage but it also was quite thick and so my skin couldn't breath and sometimes my makeup would look quite cakey. Eventually found the bb cream I wear now, which is from korea and it's a perfect match ehehe I'll be crying if they ever stop sending it over here haha
No sorry, it's Nars Yeah it is quite expensive, I bought it on a bit of a whim! I don't really regret it though, it is a really nice, light foundation. I've heard about those Korean bb creams, they're meant to be really good. What's the exact brand name?

Yeah I've heard of foundation mixers before but always assumed they'd be high end expensive products, that's why I'm keeping that body shop one in mind!
Goaded
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
I want expensive foundations :cry:

Currently I love loreal true match (the old formula- the new one in my shade is very different in texture and wear), max factor miracle match and I recently got one called Maybelline affinitone which is amazing. I've never seen it sold in boots/superdrug though.

The loreal infallible matte foundation is pretty good as well when my skin isn't too dry
A fairly inexpensive, high end foundation is defo urban decay naked skin. I'd 1000% recommend.

True Match is honestly one of my favourites, the only reason I ever risked a Gorgio Armani one is because L'oreal are dupes for it lmao

Also, try ordering from Sephora - although there's a £75 minimum spend, it's worth it because everything is cheaper due to exchange rates.
Goaded
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by arrowlbra)
my faves in order : Chanel Vitalumiere, Mac Pro long wear, Nars sheer glow, Estée Lauder double wear , Koh gen doh Aqua foundation

best is the Chanel by far ... really light weight but the coverage is amazing ... bit pricey tho
Have you tried any other Chanel ones? I love Vitalumiere, I want more But I'm scared to buy any more cause expensive.
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No sorry, it's Nars Yeah it is quite expensive, I bought it on a bit of a whim! I don't really regret it though, it is a really nice, light foundation. I've heard about those Korean bb creams, they're meant to be really good. What's the exact brand name?

Yeah I've heard of foundation mixers before but always assumed they'd be high end expensive products, that's why I'm keeping that body shop one in mind!
Ahhh I see thanks if I ever decide to stop using my bb cream or have no choice but to, I'll probably buy the body shop drops and use up the rest of my revlon colour stay, which is the right undertone for me (finally realised I'm a mostly yellow/slightly olive undertone not pink) but just way too dark, it's a practically full bottle feel bad as such a waste of money.

The brand name is Missha, and I use their "signature" BB cream in shade #13 milky beige. They have other bb creams also with shades called #13milky beige but signature is the lightest one so don't be fooled

The bottles (depending on size) look like this:
http://www.koreankosmetics.co.uk/sto...am-900x900.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1hehfFBYM8...am-500x500.png
Twinpeaks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Goaded)
Amazonian clay is beautiful. Both the liquid and powder types. I want more tarte stuff :-(

My make up addiciton is unhealthy. If you can afford luminous silk, deffo get it lmao.

You like Nars sheer glow? I didn't get on with it. I have dry skin as well. I found sheer matte better, their all day luminous weightless one is fab though. My skin is too pink for siberia, too yellow for mont blanc, too pink for gobi and too pale for deauville. It's so stressful!! Ah. I love nars though. So I'll continue to use it.

P.S an alternative (and better, although more expensive. I have both) to the body shop lightening/darkening drops is the Cover FX custom Drops. LAAAAV IT (it can customise the coverage as well, and helps to even out the bad undertones in foundations because every brand seems too assume you're either stark yellow or almost red undertoned)
I just had a quick look online and the luminous silk is £36.50 which is only £5.50 more expensive than Nars... But this is how I always justify buying more expensive products! It's an endless cycle haha.

Are the tarte blushes/ highlighters any good?

I'm pretty happy with it myself! It feels so much nicer on than the Mac foundations I used to wear, which felt like I was literally clogging up my pours. What always bugs me though, is that they never come with a pump. If you're spending that much on a foundation surely just chuck a pump in!
Goaded
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just had a quick look online and the luminous silk is £36.50 which is only £5.50 more expensive than Nars... But this is how I always justify buying more expensive products! It's an endless cycle haha.

Are the tarte blushes/ highlighters any good?

I'm pretty happy with it myself! It feels so much nicer on than the Mac foundations I used to wear, which felt like I was literally clogging up my pours. What always bugs me though, is that they never come with a pump. If you're spending that much on a foundation surely just chuck a pump in!
Exactly! Kim K uses it as well, and say whatever you want about her, her skin is flawless.

I've only got their contour kit, and it's okay. I prefer the Anastasia contour kits and becca highlighters for sure though. You can get them from Cult Beauty or beautybay though so they're from the UK and it's better lmao.

Mac foundations are a massive no go for me. Awful colour range, heavy and cakey and just all around awful. Although their pro long wear concealer is my go to. And I agree about the pump, omg, so annoying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (245)
60.49%
No (83)
20.49%
Not sure (77)
19.01%

Watched Threads