Claremont4ever
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello people,

I'm Izzy. i have been admitted to Uni'Sunderland for the OSPAP programme which starts in September 2016. I was just hoping to use this opportunity to network with my potential colleagues who will be n the same programme with me.

Thanks.
University Of Sunderland
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Izzy,

Congratulations on securing a place on our OSPAP programme! Once you start university you will have the opportunity to join various clubs and societies and meet many new people that share the same interests as you. Have a look at some of the different clubs and societies that are currently available: http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/studentl...sandsocieties/.

In addition, in the next few months, there will be a new Facebook Freshers group created for people who start university in September 2016. It will be a great way to meet new students before you come to Sunderland, so keep an eye for it.

Regards, Tanita
StudyOSPAP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Izzy
I am also planning to join OSPAP, could you please advise why would you choose Sunderland and not Aston please? I am in two minds, Sunderland or Aston.
Many thanks
Ritesh
Claremont4ever
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudyOSPAP)
Hi Izzy
I am also planning to join OSPAP, could you please advise why would you choose Sunderland and not Aston please? I am in two minds, Sunderland or Aston.
Many thanks
Ritesh
Cost, I pay a little over £3000 for tuition in Sunderland plus I have a house there.
Hankhan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello people I have a little off topic question.
I am planning to join Sunderland university in 2017.
Can anybody tell me is it possible to commute evryday from Dewsbury to Sunderland.
If yes, how?
Roberta Oliveira
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Izzy I'm starting in Sunderland in September too! I also went for Sunderland because of the cost. I have a friend who did her OSPAP there and really enjoyed it.

I am looking for accommodation for the week as I live in Manchester, so I am interested if anyone would like to share a flat or something?

All the best

Roberta
StudyOSPAP
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Roberta
Good to know that your friend who studied OSPAP in Sunderland enjoyed it! Could you please advise how easily she got her internship please? Just a bit concerned whether lower fees of sunderland comes with some drawback?
Also i will be travelling to Hull for the weekend and will be looking for the accomodation in Sunderland during the week. I think lectures are 4 days per week?
Thank you
Claremont4ever
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudyOSPAP)
Hi Roberta
Good to know that your friend who studied OSPAP in Sunderland enjoyed it! Could you please advise how easily she got her internship please? Just a bit concerned whether lower fees of sunderland comes with some drawback?
Also i will be travelling to Hull for the weekend and will be looking for the accomodation in Sunderland during the week. I think lectures are 4 days per week?
Thank you
I have confirmed from Uni'Sunderland that lectures are definitely 4 days a week. I don't think there will be any major drama with regards to getting prereg IF we apply early to as many as possible. I don't also think that it matters where we get the OSPAP done, all unis that provide it have to comply with the same protocols as set out by the GPhC. Sunderland has always been one of the pioneers of OSPAP.
Roberta Oliveira
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's exactly what my friend said. She did OSPAP there in 11/12 and she got pre-reg with Lloyds. She said it was hard getting pre-reg (not because of being OSPAP student, it's just hard, you need to apply to several places) but it's very important to get a good tutor in the pharmacy as it helps with the GPhC exam.

She said that it really doesn't matter where you take your OSPAP, no one ever questioned her why she went for Sunderland rather than Aston/Brighton/Herts/Kingston.

In fact she said even when it comes to getting jobs people don't care if you're OSPAP or british MPharm. You need to be able to communicate well and have a bit of experience, have good references, etc.

StudyOSPAP: I will message you regarding accommodation and transport. It's really important to me to only do 4 days/week. I have a small child and 5 days a week might've been a bit too much

Hopefully other colleagues will get in touch, I'm looking forward to the course and would love to establish a little network to exchange information.

Roberta
SamSam88
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello dears,

I am Islam from Jordan, I have been awarded a BSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences from MSA University in Egypt. I am planning to join OSPAP. Do you think that graduates from Egypt are eligible to join the programme?. Another question is How could I ask my University to send the GPhC my transcript record as it is required in application process, because I am not now in Egypt.

Thanks in advanced
Claremont4ever
Rep:
?
(Original post by SamSam88)
Hello dears,

I am Islam from Jordan, I have been awarded a BSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences from MSA University in Egypt. I am planning to join OSPAP. Do you think that graduates from Egypt are eligible to join the programme?. Another question is How could I ask my University to send the GPhC my transcript record as it is required in application process, because I am not now in Egypt.

Thanks in advanced
Yes, you are eligible to apply. Go on the GPhC website to obtain the requirements e.t.c.
Kaizia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello Roberta and Izzy,

I'm Zia from Malaysia who will be joining OSPAP this September too. I have gotten my GPhC approval letter but I have yet heard from Sunderland. All the other four universities have sent me invitation mail. I am just wondering if I should proceed with the application to Sunderland without waiting for an invitation email from them? (Application form is available online) Kindly advise.
Claremont4ever
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kaizia)
Hello Roberta and Izzy,

I'm Zia from Malaysia who will be joining OSPAP this September too. I have gotten my GPhC approval letter but I have yet heard from Sunderland. All the other four universities have sent me invitation mail. I am just wondering if I should proceed with the application to Sunderland without waiting for an invitation email from them? (Application form is available online) Kindly advise.
Zia, email and/or ring up the admissions team in Sunderland. I had to do that to get my admission letter sorted.
Kaizia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh! Thanks Izzy! Hope to be your classmate end of this year!
Roberta Oliveira
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Me too Zia, I think they are a bit slow. I phoned the admissions team.
Sonice
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kaizia)
Hello Roberta and Izzy,

Hi Zia! I'm also from Malaysia. Do you know which University Degree for Pharmacy in Malaysia is recognise or eligible for doing OSPAP in the UK? Is there a list of uni or I have some website to look into for the answer?
Kaizia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sonice, you can visit GPhC website to read out the details for entering OSPAP. Basically you must first get yourself registered with the Pharmacy board of Malaysia before proceeding to join OSPAP.
StudyOSPAP
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi All, hope you are keeping well, I am in the process of applying to the GPhC could you please advise regarding the references, I have been away from my country of qualification for more than 10 years now, could I provide references from my current country which is Ireland please? Thank you
Roberta Oliveira
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Ritesh,

I thought you had applied already. I would think the letter needs to be from a person from your home country. You also need to provide a letter from your current employer/line manager.

Can you get in touch with a tutor or a professor from your degree that would be willing to help?
StudyOSPAP
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Roberta,
I am in the process of applying, I can indeed get a letter from the institute I graduated from and also a letter from the current employer, however, I had also worked for a couple of months for a Pharmaceutical Industry in 2005 in my home country and I have been asked to provide a reference letter from here as well, which will be tricky and difficult to get, if I am unable to provide this do you think this will be a problem?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (22)
8.27%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.29%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (75)
28.2%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.67%

Watched Threads