Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University Accomodations And Forms watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I initially posted this up in the General Chat forum but it got deleted :mad: .

My questions regard the accomodations for University and filling in the accomodation form:

1) Are they based on "first-come-first-serve" basis? as in the earlier you submit your form, then the more likely you will get your top chosen accomodation?

2) If not, what do they normally base it on?

3) Me friend wants to know can you state in the comments/extra information section that you would like to live with atleast a few people of the same race for catering reasons? And if so, what is the best way to phrase it? such as would u say "I prefer...." or "if possible...." or what?

Help Appreciated Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    I initially posted this up in the General Chat forum but it got deleted :mad: .

My questions regard the accomodations for University and filling in the accomodation form:

1) Are they based on "first-come-first-serve" basis? as in the earlier you submit your form, then the more likely you will get your top chosen accomodation?
    It really depends on the university. If they guarantee all first year students accommodation then I dont think it matters whether you are first come or not.

2) If not, what do they normally base it on?

3) Me friend wants to know can you state in the comments/extra information section that you would like to live with atleast a few people of the same race for catering reasons? And if so, what is the best way to phrase it? such as would u say "I prefer...." or "if possible...." or what?

Help Appreciated Thanks.
    Again, depends on the university. You can contact your university for specifications, it all depends on the uni. Ring the housing service up at the specified uni and ask them is the best idea.

ReputationRep:
    About your friend, it would be best if they wrote something like "I am X religion and it would therefore be convenient if I could share kitchen facilities with others of the same background."

Allocations vary between universities.

ReputationRep:
    Different universities have completely different systems. What university are you after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    About your friend, it would be best if they wrote something like "I am X religion and it would therefore be convenient if I could share kitchen facilities with others of the same background."

Allocations vary between universities.
    She's not in a religion! and she wants to sound less "as if she really wants to live with the same race", if u know what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite get why she wants to be with others of the same race though... not trying to accuse her of anything, just really don't get it?!

ReputationRep:
    Two posts that weren't very helpful I suppose. Three if you include this one.
    Muhahaha

(Original post by janon)
    Two posts that weren't very helpful I suppose. Three if you include this one.
    Muhahaha
    Both have been removed.

ReputationRep:
    Huh?????/

ReputationRep:
    Not the third though! Victory is mine!!

ReputationRep:
    i know for dundee it says on the forms that it's first come first serve but other unis don't seem to allocate anywhere until after results... seems totally dependent on the uni.

on mine it asked for any reasons to support your preference, so i said i was interested in the sports facilities + i was doing a joint honours degree so it may be beneficial to be on campus because i could have lectures on both subjects in the same day and it would save me carting stuff around. (can you guess i applied to the on-campus halls that are by the sports hall?)
    lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i know for dundee it says on the forms that it's first come first serve but other unis don't seem to allocate anywhere until after results... seems totally dependent on the uni.

on mine it asked for any reasons to support your preference, so i said i was interested in the sports facilities + i was doing a joint honours degree so it may be beneficial to be on campus because i could have lectures on both subjects in the same day and it would save me carting stuff around. (can you guess i applied to the on-campus halls that are by the sports hall?)
    lou xxx
    Whats wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    Whats wrong with that?
    nothings wrong with it, where did i say there was? i was just saying that unis have different systems for allocation, dundee ask you to back up your application if you really want a particular hall

lou xxx

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.