The Student Room Group

Liverpool Uni???

are any of the liverpool universities good because I think i want to go to one, either liverpool, liverpool hope or liverpool john moores does anyone know whether they are good, I know they are not that high on league tables but idk? any advice? or opinions on the uni's?
Don't bother looking at the league tables unless you're looking at the league tables for the particular course rather than just the uni, as these vary a lot. A uni higher than another on a league table may actually be lower in the specific subject you want to take.

I don't know what course you want to take, but I study at LJMU if you have any questions.
Reply 2
Original post by SophieSmall
Don't bother looking at the league tables unless you're looking at the league tables for the particular course rather than just the uni, as these vary a lot. A uni higher than another on a league table may actually be lower in the specific subject you want to take.

I don't know what course you want to take, but I study at LJMU if you have any questions.

oh can i ask what are you general opinions of it? the people the teacher the place? do you like it? anything really:smile:
I'm at the University of Liverpool and I am very happy with the course, the university itself, the lecturers etc. I do not regret my decision at all and would definitely recommend it :h:

Plus the city is amazing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imnotachav
oh can i ask what are you general opinions of it? the people the teacher the place? do you like it? anything really:smile:

I can't comment for the majority of the uni as I am only part of the school of pharmacy and biomolecular science, though also used be a part of the school of natural sciences and psychology.

From my experience I would say it is a good uni, they care about their pupils and they want them to achieve. The facilities are pretty good and they have recently done renovations and added some new rooms and labs. They're always looking to keep up with the times and not to get stuck in a rut of doing the same thing, which I personally think is great.

Lecturers vary widely is their quality, and you'll find the same with basically every uni. You get some great lecturers and you get some **** ones. They're employed because they are qualified in their field, published scientists and because they contribute research to the university...not because they're good teachers. It's the same at pretty much all unis, so every uni will have a mixed bag of lecturers, and you also have to take into account not everyone likes the same style of lecturer.

I have very much enjoyed my time at uni, it's a fantastic city and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. Very glad I picked here to study.
Original post by Changing Skies
I'm at the University of Liverpool and I am very happy with the course, the university itself, the lecturers etc. I do not regret my decision at all and would definitely recommend it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

...I had no idea we lived in the same city.

Today I learned.
Reply 6
Original post by Changing Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do love Liverpool i live nearby so I wanted to go to one there, glad to hear it is a good place:smile:
Reply 7
I can't comment for the majority of the uni as I am only part of the school of pharmacy and biomolecular science, though also used be a part of the school of natural sciences and psychology.

From my experience I would say it is a good uni, they care about their pupils and they want them to achieve. The facilities are pretty good and they have recently done renovations and added some new rooms and labs. They're always looking to keep up with the times and not to get stuck in a rut of doing the same thing, which I personally think is great.

Lecturers vary widely is their quality, and you'll find the same with basically every uni. You get some great lecturers and you get some **** ones. They're employed because they are qualified in their field, published scientists and because they contribute research to the university...not because they're good teachers. It's the same at pretty much all unis, so every uni will have a mixed bag of lecturers, and you also have to take into account not everyone likes the same style of lecturer.

I have very much enjoyed my time at uni, it's a fantastic city and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. Very glad I picked here to study.

Wow it sounds pretty good:smile: I will probably apply there when the time comes:smile:
...I had no idea we lived in the same city.

Today I learned.

Haha we do! :biggrin:
Original post by imnotachav
I do love Liverpool i live nearby so I wanted to go to one there, glad to hear it is a good place:smile:

Ah cool! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
What are you wanting to study? I could ask some of my friends if they study a similar course for their review, I recently graduated from UoL but still living in Liverpool (Like 2 mins from south campus actually)

Quick Reply

Latest