Best AS Revision Tips

Watch this thread
ASNinja98
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey Guys
What would you say the best way to revise for As exams are?
Also do you do much work out of school hours ??

Thx
Makadia
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Which subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ASNinja98
Rep:
(Original post by Makadia)
Which subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Geology, Biology, Geography and Economics
ryathelionator
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I studied maths further maths chemistry and physics so we don't have any subjects in common and not sure how helpful this will be for you- but what I did was make revision guides for the science subjects based on the specification. The spec was so helpful for me because books and teachers go off in tangents and it keeps a focus to what you need to know. I did as many past papers as possible with mark schemes to get an idea of what examiners are looking for. From my experience this was the best way of doing it and I got the grades I wanted. I can't really comment on how much time it will take, it's more about how much you can get done. Good luck!
Makadia
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Out of those I only do biology, and you have probably heard this already but for bio I'd recommend alot of exam type questions because the mark scheme is very picky on what they want. So despite knowing the content, the exam technique is important. For example I had a question about primary protein structure and had explained it well, however used the word 'order' instead of 'sequence' (or something across them lines) and lost a mark.
In terms of learning the content, I personally just write up detailed notes from all the different resources, then make flash cards after.
I also recommend subscribing to 'Crash course' on YouTube. They have videos on a variety of different biology topics such as mitosis, DNA and biological molecules to name a few. Khan Academy is also good but can get a bit boring to watch.
Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sophieoo1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Microeconomics AS is basically just the demand and supply diagram so learn that and macro is just the ADAS diagram

Posted from TSR Mobile
ASNinja98
Rep:
OK Cheers guys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads