GG97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have recently considering either transferring or dropping out of University. Today I returned to Uni after the Christmas period, and I didn't want to return AT ALL! I live around 5/6 hours away on the train, which for me is a deal breaker as I'm not able to pop home to see my friends, which is a massive thing for me!! I am not the most academic person, and find the work load hard. I struggle with the content, and it is starting to make me feel really depressed. I feel that if I drop out, my family will see me as failing, and be disappointed. I just don't know what to do? I also don't want to look back on life and have any regrets, as thats the thing that scares me the most. Has anyone got any advice they could give me?
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have a meeting with your advisor to speak about your options, there's no point in being unhappy and your mental health comes first but dropping out after a feeling that many students got through may be a bit drastic
danr2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
in my opinion, i don't think you should drop out. even though, i am nowhere near uni but most of the people who have posted threads on here and have dropped out of uni seem to be dissapointed in themselves therefore i don't think it will be a good idea. i think you'll regret it as well because your reasons for dropping out aren't really important.. just work hard and everything will be fine!! your friends won't be there forever for you!
Dreammachine1997
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm in the same situation as you, but I live an hour and a bit away(the ability to come home easily when I want is probably the only reason I haven't switched universities). I'd say look into transferring to a uni closer to home if possible. I'm struggling with the content too, as are others I'm sure. It just comes down to the hard work you have to put in to understand the content, the long hours until you get it. If you don't enjoy your degree/don't think it'll realistically be be beneficial to you in the future, it can be harder to motivate yourself to put in the work, so maybe take a step back and consider this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (4)
21.05%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (3)
15.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (2)
10.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (8)
42.11%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (2)
10.53%

Watched Threads