How much content have you covered upto now? (A2)

Watch this thread
SeanHarvey
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
For AQA we've finished unit 4 and have pretty much finished the first chapter of unit 5 (radioactivity).

Just wanna have a reference point for where other people are upto.

Also what did you get in the mock test?
mattismad
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
We're midway through Unit 4. Further Mechanics is all done. We started Unit 5 at the end of last year for some reason :I But we're just on magnetic fields now.
SeanHarvey
Rep:
(Original post by mattismad)
We're midway through Unit 4. Further Mechanics is all done. We started Unit 5 at the end of last year for some reason :I But we're just on magnetic fields now.
Yeah they started capacitors end of last year for some weird reason aha

Mag fields have the hardest questions imo, just loads of stuff that could effect it and I always butcher the answer for 4+ markers.

Know any good revision stuff to use or tips for anything in unit 4? Got an E in the mock test for unit 4 (without the really stupid mistakes I think I still would've only got a D) so I really need help on it.
mattismad
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SeanHarvey)
Yeah they started capacitors end of last year for some weird reason aha

Mag fields have the hardest questions imo, just loads of stuff that could effect it and I always butcher the answer for 4+ markers.

Know any good revision stuff to use or tips for anything in unit 4? Got an E in the mock test for unit 4 (without the really stupid mistakes I think I still would've only got a D) so I really need help on it.
Sorry for the late response mate! But yes go to PhysicsandMathsTutor.com and write notes only for stuff YOU DO NOT know then complete as many questions as possible (he breaks it into topics). Got me some decent grades last year and is working this year

Can't wait to start Magnetic Fields - What topic are you choosing for Phys5?
Konanabanana
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
We have completed everything and doing revision on topics we all need a bit of help on. So far it has been pretty nice
SeanHarvey
Rep:
Sorry for the late response mate! But yes go to PhysicsandMathsTutor.com and write notes only for stuff YOU DO NOT know then complete as many questions as possible (he breaks it into topics). Got me some decent grades last year and is working this year

Can't wait to start Magnetic Fields - What topic are you choosing for Phys5?
I've never used it much so I'll definitely give it a go in a sec, nice one mate.

We just decided to do turning points for the optional unit (haven't started it yet), purely because it is supposed to be by far the easiest of them all. Can't be arsed risking failing considering there's no resits allowed as far as I know.
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
For AQA we've finished unit 4 and have pretty much finished the first chapter of unit 5 (radioactivity).

Just wanna have a reference point for where other people are upto.

Also what did you get in the mock test?
Starting capacitance next week

I got a C
captainslow69
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Just have M3, Chapter 4 onwards from FP2 and Unit 5 Physics (All edexcel). Really scared of M3 looks sooo hard.
mattismad
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I've never used it much so I'll definitely give it a go in a sec, nice one mate.

We just decided to do turning points for the optional unit (haven't started it yet), purely because it is supposed to be by far the easiest of them all. Can't be arsed risking failing considering there's no resits allowed as far as I know.
We've been told Turning Points is the hardest and Applied is the easiest as it just builds on the mechanics done in the Further Mechanics Unit.

Either way, it has relativity and a lot of fundamental physics concepts so I've chose that.

To be honest, all of the stuff in Turning Points is just fascinating compared to the scraps of ideas (like Medical Physics which are useful but seem to be added as they know people won't want to comprehend the fundamental ideas).
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
We've been told Turning Points is the hardest and Applied is the easiest as it just builds on the mechanics done in the Further Mechanics Unit.

Either way, it has relativity and a lot of fundamental physics concepts so I've chose that.

To be honest, all of the stuff in Turning Points is just fascinating compared to the scraps of ideas (like Medical Physics which are useful but seem to be added as they know people won't want to comprehend the fundamental ideas).
I chose astrophysics because I know it all already
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (18)
19.15%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (32)
34.04%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.32%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2.13%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
9.57%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
19.15%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.38%

Watched Threads