sami237
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Iam doing my alevels studying geography history economics and philosophy. I plan to study geography or finance at university, and well out of my a levels geography seems to be more useful than history and philosophy as well as more challenging, however my fellow students make fun of me for taking geography, why?
B_9710
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's for all the people that do physics and maths and think that they're better than everyone else.
batoot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=645205

+ i think ppl are just mean about geography cause it's boring
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sami237)
Iam doing my alevels studying geography history economics and philosophy. I plan to study geography or finance at university, and well out of my a levels geography seems to be more useful than history and philosophy as well as more challenging, however my fellow students make fun of me for taking geography, why?
Because they are immature and naive.

Most people don't know what Geography really is, and what you actually study ( so many people think all we do is remember names of capital cities and such). I enjoyed the science side of Geography, and actually had the opportunity to use knowledge from my other subject.
B_9710
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by batoot)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=645205

+ i think ppl are just mean about geography cause it's boring
I did find it boring at GCSE.
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Who on earth says that Geography is a weak subject? :rofl:

It doesn't appeal to many (incl. myself) for the sole fact that its boring, and I thought (still do) it was slightly bizarre that my friend gets excited about studying rocks or stuff like that...
danr2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
is gcse geography hard compared to business studies??
ubisoft
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Geog is soft af.

Amount of maths and softness has a very strong negative correlation.

If you don't do further maths and physics you're basically on the verge of being ******ed.
B_9710
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ubisoft)
Geog is soft af.

If you don't do further maths and physics you're basically on the verge of being ******ed.
You say that, but the amount of maths in physics is just poor. The level of maths in physics (a maths based subject at heart) is shocking.
ubisoft
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by B_9710)
You say that, but the amount of maths in physics is just poor. The level of maths in physics (a maths based subject at heart) is shocking.
Yes it's disgusting how there is no calculus at Alevel physics. Though my point still stands; after maths/fm/afm physics is the most mathematical subject.
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They don't want to believe that something that boring could be strong
sami237
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Geog is soft af.

To be fair I can see how it is easier than math or physic however I'm by no means ******ed I got good grades at GCSE and Iam doing well now. It does not make me, quote, on the verge of being a ****** for not doing math or physics, rather I have no interest in doing those subjects to a higher level in order to forge a career.
B_9710
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes it's disgusting how there is no calculus at Alevel physics. Though my point still stands; after maths/fm/afm physics is the most mathematical subject.
I suppose
DylanJ42
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Computing is honestly a contender for that as well. In fact, I would argue even chemistry is more mathematical than physics at alevel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (125)
28.22%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.09%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.64%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.8%

Watched Threads