The Student Room Group

Will this relationship work?

I've never had a gf in my life but like to have one. Thing is I don't like to go out much but she does. I have my own place and was thinking that she would come over maybe 3 times a week to have sex and catch up for a few hours then leave and go back to her place with her parents. Would this relationship work and last for a while? Will she be happy with it if I don't go out with her? Would the sex keep her happy?
Original post by zill1
I've never had a gf in my life but like to have one. Thing is I don't like to go out much but she does. I have my own place and was thinking that she would come over maybe 3 times a week to have sex and catch up for a few hours then leave and go back to her place with her parents. Would this relationship work and last for a while? Will she be happy with it if I don't go out with her? Would the sex keep her happy?

Women want to be made to feel special. To "have sex and catch up for a few hours" seems really quite boring and routine and more like what you want to do, rather than her. You don't have to "go out much" but maybe doing some nice things at home would be good if you really don't want to step outdoors (cook dinner, movie with bottle of wine etc.) but even these ideas start wearing out if you don't wanna go outside. In answer to your question, I don't think she would be happy.
Original post by Foo.mp3

Aye, plenty of stuff you can do with a partner without immersing oneself in (costly/retrograde) 'nightlife'

I read OP's post "Thing is I don't like to go out much but she does." to be that he doesn't like going out, rather than going out clubbing. So I'm under the impression that OP just prefers to stay on the sofa if he's not at work. There's a whole range of things you can do besides clubbing, however if you don't want to go out , then that's different - OP, please clarify.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Fair ones, but you can still can have tons of fun at home :h:

I'm coming at this as someone who has ME/CFS, so perhaps girls have been more sympathetic/accommodating in this respect, however :holmes:

I wouldn't say "tons" of fun. There's only so much you can watch films, play XBOX and Scrabble without someone getting bored / falling into routine. Also, if she's always out clubbing, chances are she's an extrovert who prefers going out to staying in, so OP will find it tricky to keep her attention for long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending