6ft 7inch & starting the gym [HELP]

Watch
Hudl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello guys, I am 6foot 7, 115kg and I want to start going to the gym on a regular basis in the hope of forming an athletic build.

I know diet is important when it comes to building muscle & I think my diet is good currently with high protein, however it might need some tweeking as I am overweight. Does anyone know any good youtubers I can follow their gym/food routine so I can develop a weekly schedule.

Thanks a lot for your help
Konanabanana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)
Hello guys, I am 6foot 7, 115kg and I want to start going to the gym on a regular basis in the hope of forming an athletic build.

I know diet is important when it comes to building muscle & I think my diet is good currently with high protein, however it might need some tweeking as I am overweight. Does anyone know any good youtubers I can follow their gym/food routine so I can develop a weekly schedule.

I can give you a tip, my friend was in the same situation as you.... please don't just enter the gym and go lift weights.

I would recommend you for at least 3-5 months depending on how often you go is to focus on compound exercises.

Compound exercises are ones using more than one muscle group, so things like the kettle bell and battle ropes.

You will want to burn off fat while building slow but lean muscle.

If you go straight to weights you wont burn fat but gain quick muscle which is not healthy at all.

along with the compound exercises do interval cardio training, so go on the treadmill for 10 minutes and walk for 1 min then run for 1 minute then walk etc.....
Sanya02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)

Fousey tube but his pranks are fake btw
batoot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sanya02)
so are his eyebrows
AzimHV2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)

Definitely watch Buff bros I swear they helped me a lot when I first started to go to the gym and they're still helping me now!
Sanya02
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by batoot)
so are his eyebrows
When a guy has better eyebrows than you and you are a girl.:eek:
Hudl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Sanya02)
I can't see any actual gym videos on his channel
AbrarKhan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)

If you are willing to spend some money, you can buy Total Six Pack Abs(TSPA) e-book. The program approaches fat loss scientifically. There is also a free e-book, Targeted Hypertrophy Training(THT), at musclehack.com, which is also by the same author as TSPA.

I can go into details if you want.
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Beast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sanya02
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)
I can't see any actual gym videos on his channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFq8MF2xrDQ
SmellyProtein
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Konanabanana)
I can give you a tip, my friend was in the same situation as you.... please don't just enter the gym and go lift weights.

I would recommend you for at least 3-5 months depending on how often you go is to focus on compound exercises.

Compound exercises are ones using more than one muscle group, so things like the kettle bell and battle ropes.

You will want to burn off fat while building slow but lean muscle.

If you go straight to weights you wont burn fat but gain quick muscle which is not healthy at all.

along with the compound exercises do interval cardio training, so go on the treadmill for 10 minutes and walk for 1 min then run for 1 minute then walk etc.....
wot wot wot.
AbrarKhan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Konanabanana)
What do you mean by that?
Awais_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
nonsense.
InadequateJusticex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AbrarKhan)
What do you mean by that?
yeah, what if you're underweight and you wanna gain fat and muscle?
AbrarKhan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InadequateJusticex)
If you want the fat as well, then you should to consume maintenance+growth allowance(usually 200-400)+as much as you want.
Konanabanana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InadequateJusticex)
You eat a lot of dont work on interval but fartlek or circuit based work using heavier weights
yoda123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do PHUL

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads