satsit
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm struggling with my ICT coursework at the moment. Can anyone give me some tips to go to the highest mark band in the Activity Review sections?
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by satsit)
I'm struggling with my ICT coursework at the moment. Can anyone give me some tips to go to the highest mark band in the Activity Review sections?
I'll pop this into the ICT forum for you! You're more likely to get some help there

Posted from TSR Mobile
satsit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
I'll pop this into the ICT forum for you! You're more likely to get some help there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you
happiness12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My teacher said i got roughly 67/80 on CAB coursework but i think that my Activity reviews were not my strong point.

Are you doing the Animal Shelter Coursework?
satsit
Rep:
?
(Original post by happiness12)
My teacher said i got roughly 67/80 on CAB coursework but i think that my Activity reviews were not my strong point.

Are you doing the Animal Shelter Coursework?
Yeah, I'm doing the Animal Shelter coursework. Can you give me some tips please?
happiness12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by satsit)
Yeah, I'm doing the Animal Shelter coursework. Can you give me some tips please?
Animal Shelter Reviews:
> Make sure you have thoroughly answered each question
> Talk a lot about how you modified your work and how you took the feedback you were given on board

Sources table:
> You need to have a range of appropriate sources and if you used an unreliable source comment on it.
> Copyright images - If some of the images are copyrighted, you should show how you asked for permission ( I used a screenshot of an email I sent to the owner of the image) or If you haven't asked permission, you should say that You acknowledge that the image is copyrighted and if you weren't using it for educational purposes you would ask for permission. I also said that I did an advanced search by filtering out copyright images so that none came up
> You should have at least one example of where you used a boolean search, screenshot it and put into your sources table - also mention in that particular source you used a boolean search as you will get marks for using refined and complex searches.

Activity three:
> Your Storyboard designs for website should be very detailed. You should explain why you chose the layout, font, colours etc.

Evaluation:
> Make sure it is very detailed by explaining each little thing you did.
> Talk about who was your targeted audience for each thing you did e.g. logo, banner, website
> Your Shelter model should be very detailed.
> Your website evaluation should be very detailed (mine was 4 pages) talk about designing, building, storyboards etc.
> Talk about the feedback you got from teaches/test buddies
> Suggest how you could have improved your work further
satsit
Rep:
?
(Original post by happiness12)
Animal Shelter Reviews:
> Make sure you have thoroughly answered each question
> Talk a lot about how you modified your work and how you took the feedback you were given on board

Sources table:
> You need to have a range of appropriate sources and if you used an unreliable source comment on it.
> Copyright images - If some of the images are copyrighted, you should show how you asked for permission ( I used a screenshot of an email I sent to the owner of the image) or If you haven't asked permission, you should say that You acknowledge that the image is copyrighted and if you weren't using it for educational purposes you would ask for permission. I also said that I did an advanced search by filtering out copyright images so that none came up
> You should have at least one example of where you used a boolean search, screenshot it and put into your sources table - also mention in that particular source you used a boolean search as you will get marks for using refined and complex searches.

Activity three:
> Your Storyboard designs for website should be very detailed. You should explain why you chose the layout, font, colours etc.

Evaluation:
> Make sure it is very detailed by explaining each little thing you did.
> Talk about who was your targeted audience for each thing you did e.g. logo, banner, website
> Your Shelter model should be very detailed.
> Your website evaluation should be very detailed (mine was 4 pages) talk about designing, building, storyboards etc.
> Talk about the feedback you got from teaches/test buddies
> Suggest how you could have improved your work further
Thanks so much man
natalie010600
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
can you please show me key points you included in your evaluation.
aammeelliiaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what should the powerpoint in activity 2 include?
happiness12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aammeelliiaa)
what should the powerpoint in activity 2 include?
the digital poster?
harrxful
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the Video Advert I wanted to do it without a voice over but my teacher is saying you have to have a voice over for the whole thing.
Do you have to use a voice over, if so does it have to be for the whole thing or just a small bit of the advert
abbas8998
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You have to have a voice over, but not through out the whole video. Since it is stated in the CAB, you will loose marks for not meeting a task set out. Note that the CAB does not say the length on the voice over, so a rough estimate would be a few sentences.
Scarlet123567901
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone have the CAB requirements for the Logo?
I am currently doing my evaluation and cannot find them anywhere.
abbas8998
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Scarlet123567901)
Does anyone have the CAB requirements for the Logo?
I am currently doing my evaluation and cannot find them anywhere.
hope this is of any help.

You must create an original logo for the shelter.
The logo must:
  • be one that you have created yourself
  • use up to two colours
  • be saved in a format that can be used in your products.

Create your logo.
In the early stages of development, ask for feedback from your teacher and test buddy. Make changes if necessary.

Check that your sources tables are up to date.
Present your logo on a plain white background.
Save your logo in your Activity 1 folder.
Answer the questions about the logo in your Activity 1 review.
Scarlet123567901
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The End786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys sorry to be a bother but I really need help on my Activity 2 Model and Report. I'm doing the Animal Shelter course.
For my Model all I want to know is how to add a Staff to Animal ratio and what should be on my Overview page. However for my Report I'm completely and utterly confused. I have no idea what it needs or how to start it. I've had a look at the Cab of course and this is what it says:

The report must include:
  • the shelter name and logo
  • information from the model to support your recommendations
  • charts to illustrate the information
  • an explanation of how you have tried to achieve the overall aim.

But I don't understand, what are the recommendations and what sorts of charts do I use from my Model?
Please help!
anonymous1242
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The recommendations is basically what u would recommend for the Animal Shelter and why...
And the model... Isnt that supposed to be a spreadsheet with prices etc and charts to summarise expenditure for example
(I did this a few years ago... Cant really remember)
anonymous1242
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Look at my post below I doubt it'll help tho
(Original post by THE END786)
Hi guys sorry to be a bother but I really need help on my Activity 2 Model and Report. I'm doing the Animal Shelter course.
For my Model all I want to know is how to add a Staff to Animal ratio and what should be on my Overview page. However for my Report I'm completely and utterly confused. I have no idea what it needs or how to start it. I've had a look at the Cab of course and this is what it says:

The report must include:
  • the shelter name and logo
  • information from the model to support your recommendations
  • charts to illustrate the information
  • an explanation of how you have tried to achieve the overall aim.

But I don't understand, what are the recommendations and what sorts of charts do I use from my Model?
Please help!
The End786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah that's basically what the model is. So for the recommendations you're basically just saying what would be the best way to run the shelter? Like what food to use and how many animals to keep?
anonymous1242
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From what I can remember yeah... Might wanna double check with someone!
(Original post by THE END786)
Yeah that's basically what the model is. So for the recommendations you're basically just saying what would be the best way to run the shelter? Like what food to use and how many animals to keep?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads