The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 resource share

Hey Everyone,

Can we have a giant resources-share please for the aptitude test that they make you endure for STP please? Separate your links by labelling as 'Numerical Reasoning', 'Logical Aptitude' or 'Both'. Please also provide a line or two to describe/explain the resource.
Ideally, resources should be (as) free (as possible), but just post anything.
I can contribute:

Numerical Reasoning (NR):
- Math Workout app (Android and iOS): Free app useful for boosting general mental mathematics skills. Not so useful for the actual questions you'll be faced with though.

Logical Aptitude (LA):
~

Both:
- UKCAT (UK Clinical Aptitude Test) app (Android and iOS) - Free app that has NR and LA sections. Downside is that they are not timed, and there doesn't seem to be a huge variety of questions available, so for the LA questions, I would avoid looking at the answers, and just work on them until you crack them yourself.
Advantage of this app is that it also semi-prepares you for the interview (?!) by testing your decision, prioritisation and situational analysis skills.

- JobTestPrep STP Practice Test - Not-so-free (£59.00) Practice STP test. Probably brilliant, but I don't have £59 going spare to find out myself.
https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/nhs-stp-aptitude-test

I am poorest at LA, so personally, I would appreciate LA links more. Thanks in advance!!! :biggrin:
Has the 2016 applications for the stp even opened yet I can't find the link anywhere online . Thought it was meant to open Jan 1st ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to get to the aptitude tests on the oriel application dashboard? or do they only come up once you have submitted the application?

Thanks
Reply 3
They will come up once you've submitted an application.
Thank you for the resources, I will try them.

Quick Reply

Latest